Chapter 2

"Hay Lena, it's me again."

Hesitant, she sits down on the bed, next to her friend and grabs her hand.

"I really miss you. Snapper wants me to get an exclusive with... Supergirl... but I... I just can't write about it... about you. What am I supposed to do? Oh Lena..."

With tears in her eyes she looks down at her face, rubs over the back of her hand.

"I don't know what I am without you... I am so lost... without you... just wake up, please, I need my friend."

Suddenly her body cramps and the sounds of the machine next to her change.

What's happening?

Nurses run into the room. One of them pushes Kara softly out of it.

"What's happening? Is she.. is she ok?"

Fear rises inside her.

"Just wait outside."

With a nod, Kara stays in the hallway.

Afraid of what she would see and hear she uses her powers.

She sees the nurses inside the room race around and shouting instructions.

It's too much for Kara, she turns around, her back facing the room now. Praying that Lena is gonna be ok.

After endless minutes they are leaving the room again.

"How... how is she?"

"Her state was critical again, but we accomplished to fix that and brought it back to normal."

"But...?," She could see, that there was something else.

"If she won't wake up soon... we can't say if she ever will, I'm sorry."

Kara heart contracts.

She'll stay like this...? And maybe forever? Oh please... just wake up!

"Can I... can I go inside again?"

"Of course."

Slowly, Kara goes inside the room again.

Tears falling down her cheeks, when she sees her vulnerable friend.

"Lena... please... stay with me, please, I can't... I don't know... I need you... just please..."

She buries her face into the sheets. Letting her tears fall down.

"I can't lose you..."

Time flies by, while she cries and prays for her friend.

Suddenly her phone beeps.

Alex:
Hay Kara,
I know you're with Lena, but there is an alien attack near CatCo. Just wanted to let you know.

Kara:
I'm on my way.

Kind of relieved about the distraction, she sits up again.

"I'm gonna go now Lena. See you tomorrow..."

Hesitant, she kiss her forehead and leaves.

On her way to CatCo Kara can already see the smoke, caused by the attacks.

Anger rises inside her, as she arrives the place.

Her sister was already there, with a confused look on her face. I didn't thought she would leave her side.

Making a fist, Kara steps in front of the alien.

Letting out the frustration of the last months, she starts punching.