Chapter 20

"Lena? Lena, you ok?," Worried, Sam kneels in front of Lena. She starred at the wall behind her. Tears fall down her cheek and her body is shacking.

He finally let her out of the little cage again, but she couldn't enjoy her freedom.

She took two steps and straightens herself up, when he started to punch into her stomach. Painful, she cramps and falls down onto her knees.

Her tears stopped falling a long time ago, she tried to ignore the pain. The hope to be free left her already.

"Kara, I'm sorry... I don't think I'll come back...," She whispers to herself, deciding that when she has the chance she would end everything.

She didn't want to fight anymore, she didn't had the strength for it. She was sorry for giving up, for leaving her friend alone, but she felt so tired.

He pulled the knife through her skin, but she couldn't feel the pain anymore. The only thing she felt was the blood that ran over her bare skin.

"Lena!," Sam puts her hands on her shoulder and shakes her carefully.

Lena flinches and comes back to reality. Quickly, she brushes her tears away.

"Sam, hay, sorry what did you said?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. I was just... a little bit lost in my mind."

"If you say so... I need you to sign these." Maybe she's just missing Kara.

"Of course. Something else?"

"You should go home Lena, you haven't left your office for days. Go home and get some rest."

"I'm fine Sam, really." I don't want to be alone, I can't go home.

"Ok, but get some rest."

Back home, Sam talked with Alex about Lena's weird behaviour. Alex instantly knew what is going on with her.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to her tomorrow."

"You know what is bothering her, right?"

"Yeah... I do."

"So it's not because of Kara?," Sam asks wondering.

"No it's not... a year ago, maybe a little bit more than a year, something happened to her. I think that's why she cried... and why she won't go home."

"What do you mean, what happened?"

"You really don't know? It was in the news for months."

"No, I really don't know it."

"Shortly after she renamed her company she did a press conference. There was an explosion and she was gone. No know found her for weeks. She hadn't talked about what happened to her. She covers her scars and slowly everyone forgot about it again."

"I already wondered why she had this long scar on her back..."

"Yeah... her whole body is covered with them, some deeper than others. I don't know if she talked with Kara about it, but I don't think so. She pushed her feelings and memories away."

"That's awful... if I had known... I wouldn't have left her."

"It's ok... I don't think we can help her with that... Kara is... was... the only one who could calm her down."

"Is there nothing we could do?"

"I don't know... Let me talk to her first and if something happens or it gets worse... I will go and get Kara back. I can't think about something else. And we both know that Lena still loves her. I'm sure she can help her."