Chapter 28

Kara and Lena decided to stay a little bit longer and go back to work. Lena continues her work at L-Corp and Kara starts at CatCo again.

They moved together in a small apartment, it was just a big room with one bed, a small couch and a little kitchen in it, besides the bathroom of course.

"Kara darling?"

"Yes?," She sticks the head through the bathroom door.

"It's gonna be a little bit later today."

"Oh that's fine, James asked me to do an interview and I don't know how long that's gonna take."

"Call me when you're back home."

"Of course," Grinning, Kara flashes to Lena to press a kiss on her lips, "Don't work too much."

"See you later love," She gives Kara a loving smile and leaves to go to work.

But of course Lena worked too much, she just got lost in her work like always.

"Miss Luthor? Miss Danvers is here," Her new assistant says.

"Kara? Let her in."

"Lena, hay," Kara comes in and hugs her girlfriend, which stood up to meet her half the way.

"What are you doing here?"

"Bringing you lunch because I know you."

With an innocent smile, Lena takes the bag with food from Kara and sits down on the couch.

Kara sits down next to her and Lena used this opportunity to cuddle up to her.

"I'm happy that you're here."

"Eat my love, the rest is for dinner."

"Thanks," Lena kisses her cheek and starts to eat.

A few minutes later, Sam enters the room. She looks down on a tablet and didn't notice Kara.

"Lena, could you look over this? This makes no sense to me... Oh hay Kara! Sorry I didn't notice that you're here."

"It's ok, I have to go anyway. Have fun you two. Don't work to late Lena," She press a last kiss on her lips and leaves the office.

"Sorry," Sam looks at Lena with an excusing smile.

"Let me take a look."

. . .

It gets pretty late, the sunlight is already gone. Lena is still in her office and goes over some papers.

Suddenly there was a loud explosion. What's wrong with this city?

She was calm until she heard the screams outside the building. Panic starts to rise inside her. Her mind went back again.

She was running, how long was she running? Her feet's hurts and started to bleed hours ago. She was finally able to escape him.

"Luthoooor, I will get you!"

Scared, she keeps running through the forest. She was exhausted and tired but she couldn't stop, she couldn't get caught again. But her legs couldn't carry her anymore.

Suddenly, she heard voices, as fast as she could she runs to them.

"Help me... you need to help me!"

She breaks down, the exhaustion is to much.

"Luthor!," He calls again.

"He's gonna kill me... please help me."