Chapter 8

~a few months later~

Sam got into their group really fast.

She got an invitation for their next game night, to which she agreed.

"Sam hay!," Excited, Kara pulls her into a hug and into her apartment, "Come in. Everyone is already here, except Alex and J'onn, they're still at work."

"She just texted me! She will need a little bit longer and we can already start!," Winn shouts to her from the other side of the room.

"That guy with the big mouth is Winn." Lena greets her "new" friend.

"And you already know James," Kara points towards him.

Sitting down around the small couch table they start their night.

It didn't take long for Sam to get to know the boys. Winn seems like a really nice guy and James seems like the jealous type of guy.

Alex:
Hay Kara, sorry but it's gonna be late. Maybe we can make it in 30 minutes... Hope you all have fun!

A little bit sad Kara stares at her phone. Lena notices her expression and lays her head on her shoulder.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, it's just Alex, they gonna come later."

Her own head falls against Lena's.

"As long as she's save."

"Right. Thanks Lee."

Smiling, Lena kisses her check, as if they were alone in the room, which caused a jealous gaze of James.

The last months they spend much time together and James wasn't happy about that at all.

Since she's at CatCo we don't spend much time alone. She's always there, interrupting our moments. I really hate her for that.

With Lena next to her the time flies by faster.

A knock at the door interrupts their game.

"I think that's Alex!," Excited, Kara jumps up to open the door, falling into her sisters arms.

"Hay! Sorry we're totally late. I'm gonna make up for that, I promise."

J'onn goes straight to Winn, pulling him with him and start to discuss some DEO work.

"What happened?," Kara whispers to her sister.

"Let's talk later about that, it's more a Supergirl talk."

"Oh ok."

Alex gaze wanders to their friends, knowing that no one knows Kara's identity, besides J'onn.

"Kara, who's that?"

"Oh right! Alex, that's Sam. Sam, that's Alex, my sister."

"Nice to meet you!"

Alex eyes stares at Sam's face. She's really beautiful.

"Alex, close your mouth!," Laughing, Kara sits back down.

Shaking her head, to get out of her mind, Alex grabs something to drink for herself.

"Sam, where are you from?," She heard Winn's voice asking.

Curious, Alex listen into their conversation, with the hope to get to know that new woman.

She sits down on the floor, but still near enough to listen.

God, she really looks good.

"Alex always wanted kids!," Her name pulled her out of her thoughts.

"What? What did you say?"

"Oh Sam told us about her little daughter and I said that you always wanted kids," Her sister explained.

"You have a daughter?"

"Yes, her name is Ruby and she's everything to me," A big proud smile appears on Sam's face.

"I love kids!"

"Why don't you have some?"

"Oh well...," Alex expression went from happy to thoughtful and sad.

"Oh sorry if that's to private."

"No, no it's ok. My... well my ex fiancé didn't want kids so yeah... and now I'm alone and haven't really thought about how, you know. But I would love to babysit someday."

"Sure why not. Was there a reason he didn't want kids?

"She. She couldn't see herself as a mom."

"Oh ok." So she is gay?

The whole evening the two talked.

In the meantime Lena felt her eyes falling close, the exhausting of the last days hitting her. With her head resting on Kara's shoulder she fought against the sleep.

She didn't realize that her hand wandered towards Kara, now resting on her leg, which caused a confused look from everyone.

Jealous, James couldn't watch it any longer. "I have to go now, sorry guys, I'm gonna see you all!"

Without waiting for Kara to get up he goes out of the apartment.

"Hay wait!," Kara shouts after him.

Soft she pushes Lena from her shoulder, causing a quiet groan, and runs after him.

"What is your problem?!," She shouts at him, after she meet up with him in the hallway.

"Nothing. I just have to go."

"I don't believe you. James, stop lying!"

"Fine, you wanna know?"

"Yes!"

"Every time I see you with this Luthor I feel sick! No, don't try to say something! She's evil Kara! You just can't or won't see it! Stop seeing just the good parts in a person!"

"Yeah maybe you're right, I really should stop doing this! She's my best friend, if you like her or not!"

"Maybe you should keep her more distant before you get hurt or even get yourself killed!"

"Are you assuming her to be a murderer? That's enough! Go! I don't wanna see you again! We're over James!," Angry she turns around, leaving him alone in front of the elevator.

That he would say something like that!

Taking a deep breath Kara opens the apartment door again, putting on a big smile to hide her hurt feelings.

Normally, Alex would've seen through that smile, but she was too interested in Sam.

Kara sits back down next to Lena, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Huh? What's that for?"

"Just to let you know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

"That's really sweet Kara."

Lena couldn't complain about the hug. It was a good opportunity to be near her and feel her heart beat. Also Kara left one arm around her shoulder and pulled her more to her. Lena enjoyed every moment of it.

Slowly the evening ended, first the boys said goodbye and then Sam. Alex took that opportunity to go with her to "make sure she's gonna be save".

Lena already felt asleep in Kara's arm, not noticing anything of what's happening around her.

"Let's get you into bed."

Pulling her up into her arms Kara carries her into the bed. She changed into her own pyjama after she cleaned her living room.

"Sleep well Lena."

She lies next to her friend, watching her sleeping.

How could someone think bad about you? You look like an angel. No one should harm you. Never again.