Chapter 5

The morning sun wakes them up.

Still cuddled up together, they both groan and complain about the light.

Kara lifts the blanket up over her head. Laughing, Lena pulls it down a little bit.

"You have to go to work Kara."

"I don't want toooo, can't we just stay in bed? It's so warm and comfortable..."

Smiling, Lena buries her head in her neck. "I'm ok with that."

Kara's hand starts to stroke through Lena's hair, as if it were the most normal thing in the world.

Lena's heart skips a beat, slowly she lifts herself up and looks down into Kara's eyes, which caused a confused gaze of the latter.

Without even thinking Lena's hand wanders to Kara's check, which leans a bit against it.

Her gaze wanders to her lips and back to her eyes.

Her skin is so soft.

Still confused Kara watched her. What is she...?

Suddenly her finger strokes over her lips and rest there.

"Lena...?"

Their hearths beat faster. Kara more confused about it than Lena was. Slowly she understands what it meant.

If she was honest, she knew it for a long time but she didn't want to admit it to herself.

Kara's hand rested on Lena's shoulder and the other is now moving to Lena's hand.

"What are you doing...?"

Lena opens her mouth but she didn't know what to say so she just closed it again and strokes again over her lips. Not sure if she should take the step.

Is she even interested? But she's not saying that I should stop?

Carefully, Kara grabs Lena's hand, not removing it from the place, just holding it.

Biting her lip, Lena's gaze wanders again back to her lips and her eyes, unsure what to do.

Kara's fingers stroke soft over her skin, confused about these new feelings inside her.

"Kara... I... Can..."

The ring of Kara's phone breaks their "weird" situation.

Quickly, Lena removes her hand from her face, turns away and hides under the blanket.

Omg! What have I done!

Hesitating, Kara grabs her phone.

"Yes? Oh yeah, Hay James... yeah, yeah I'm on my way. Of course, sorry I slept to long. I'm sorry. Yes James, yes. A.. a date? Yeah sure. Today? I don't know, maybe Friday? You know what, let's talk later about that ok? Yeah.. see you."

Placing the phone back down Kara let out an annoyed groan.

"I have to go to CatCo..."

"I heard."

Turning her head, she stared at Lena's back.

"Can I do something for you before I go?"

"No, I'm gonna be fine."

"Ok, call me when you need me!"

"I'll, I promise."

"Ok, see you later."

After Kara left- Lena pressed her face into her pillow.

"Why... Lena... why are you so stupid!," she said into her pillow.

She has a boyfriend, how could I forget about that! And I nearly tried to kiss her! No, I really tried! Omg, I tried! Why! What would have happened when her phone... I would have kissed her! My best friend! How am I supposed to look into her eyes again!

. . .

Back at CatCo Kara stands inside James office.

"So Friday, I'm gonna pick you up at seven?"

"Actually... I remembered that I wanted to meet with Alex, sister night. Sorry I really forgot about that."

"Oh well, how it is with Saturday?"

Kara just shakes her head.

"Sunday?"

"Sorry James, I'm just really busy," She isn't even lying about that, she had to take care over Lena.

"Danvers!," Suddenly Snapper appeared in the room, "What's with that exclusive with Luthor and Supergirl?"

Happy about the distraction she turns around and leaves the room with him.

"I'm still working on the one with Lena, but I'm gonna meet Supergirl today!"

"As long as you get an exclusive..."

"Of course! I'm gonna try to talk with Lena, but she isn't ready to talk."

With a nod, he sends her away again.

Quickly, she leaves CatCo again, so she can avoid James.

Alex:
Hay, how are you? How's Lena?

Kara:
Gonna meet in my apartment, 10 minutes?

Alex:
Ok, see ya!

At her apartment Kara packs new clothes into her backpack.

A knock at the door tells her that Alex arrived.

"It's open!"

Throwing a hoody onto her couch she greets her sister.

"Hay, what are you doing?"

"I'm just packing some stuff, I'm gonna stay at Lena's for the rest of the week. Next week she wants to start working again and I just wanna be there for her."

"Oh ok, how is she?"

"I don't know, she barely speaks about it... but I think it calms her down that someone is there u know?"

"And... how are you?," Knowing, that her sister still haunts and blames herself.

"I'm good."

"Oh no, Kara I know that face!"

"It's nothing, really!"

"Kara!"

"Ok fine! I don't know Alex, it's just... this situation," Thinking back at what happened a few hours before makes her blush.

"What do you mean? What situation?"

Taking a deep breath Kara falls down on the couch.

"This morning... no! It started last night. She had a panic attack and I calmed her down. When we got to bed she wanted me to stay, how could I say no? I mean she looked so scared and... I couldn't leave her alone. And this morning... I don't know Alex!," without noticing her finger stroke over her lips.

"What happened?"

"She... she stared at me and stroke with her hand over my check... and... over my lips... if my phone didn't ring... maybe... I don't know... maybe she would have... would have kissed me?"

"Oh wow, ok, ehhm, maybe you two should talk about it?" Hell, please figure your feelings out, both of you! This sexual tension between you two is freaking me out.

"I don't know, maybe... maybe she was just confused?"

"Just talk to her and ask her, I can't give you an answer to that. I was never so close to her like you was."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Alex."

"Text me ok?"

"I will!"

Pushing herself up, Kara grabs her backpack and leaves together with her sister the apartment.

"I'm here when you need me, just call."

"Thanks Alex," With a big happy smile she hugs her sister.

"Always. And now go and talk to her!"