Chapter 35

She escaped him again. Finally.

She runs and runs and runs. Her legs want to give in but she couldn't afford to stop.

What if he notices her absence? What if he finds her again? He's gonna kill her. He's gonna kill her friends. Kara.

She needs to find Kara. She's gonna help her. She's gonna keep her safe.

"Kara..."

The thought of the blond reporter keeps her moving.

Suddenly, she falls over a root and on the ground. Her skin on her legs and hands opens up and starts to bleed.

"Kara... please help me..."

The exhaustion takes over and her eyes goes black.

The next time she opens her eyes, she lies in a comfortable bed. Her body is covered with bandages.

Is she dreaming? Or is she home?

"You're finally up again," Someone says.

"Where am I?"

"I found you in the woods and brought you home."

Lena tries to sit up, but the old man pushed her back down.

"Don't move, your wounds will open up again. Are you hungry? You look like you spend a long time there."

She nods and he feeds her with a soup.

"Get some rest. I'll change your bandages later."

"Thank you...," Lena whispers tired and falls asleep again.

When he changed her bandages, she wakes up again.

"How are you feeling?"

"Exhausted..."

Can she trust him and tell him what happened to her?

After a few days, she feels stronger again. She was finally able to sit up on her own again.

"Could I... could I use your phone?"

"Of course!," He helps her up and brings her to the phone, "Here sit down."

"Thanks."

She takes the phone with shaking hands.

"Please take up Kara..."

Slowly, she types in the number and holds the phone to her ear.

"Kara Danvers."

"Kara?," Lena tears up and her voice starts to shake.

"Yes, hello? Who's there?"

"It's me Kara...It's Lena."

"Don't try to mess around with me! Lena's missing for weeks now! I can't believe you're doing this! Shame on you."

"No Kara... Kara please listen... I love you, please come and safe me..."

"Shame on you...," Lena heard that she starts to cry before she hung up the phone.

"Kara! No!"

She couldn't call her again. The number was blocked.

A few hours later, the old man comes back into her room. After the failed call, Lena locked herself back in the room.