Chapter 14

"I think I found something!," Lena calls, starring at the display of her Computer.

"What did you find?," Supergirl and Alex approach her.

"Ok, Sam told us about this alternative world where she goes when Reign takes over, right? So I thought maybe there is a way to look her up in this world. They would still be the same person but maybe we could get Sam out of there again and maybe, just maybe we could find a way to separate the two."

"Ok let's try."

"There is a little problem... someone has to get in and get through her," their gaze wanders to Sam's body, taken over by Reign.

"Oh you really think you could stop me? You're just a bunch of idiots running in circles. You will NEVER find a way to stop me."

"I'm going in," Confident, Alex steps to the cage, "I'm going to save her."

"Alex, it could be dangerous."

"I don't care. I need her, Ruby needs her. I want to go in and bring her back."

"Are you sure? We don't know anything about this world."

"Get me in there, Luthor."

"Fine, I'll get everything ready."

Hope spreads inside them. Maybe they can get their friend back.

A few hours later everything is ready and Lena connects Alex mind with Sam's.

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

She closes her eyes and the next time she opens them again she is somewhere else.

"Where am I?"

Slowly and carefully Alex starts to search for Sam. All around her is dark and foggy. Weird noises are coming from everywhere. She felt like she is trapped in a nightmare. It feels like hours for until she finally found her.

"Sam! Oh god, Sam."

Quickly, she runs to her and kneels down in front of her.

"Sam? Sam, are you ok? Hay, look at me. Sam. Look at me."

"Alex... No, no. I killed you too? I'm so sorry..."

"No... I'm alive. I'm here to help you, to get you home, to Ruby."

"Ruby..."

"Yes, Ruby. You remember her? Your little daughter. She miss you, we miss you. So come on, let's find a way to get you out."

"It's all my fault."

"Sam, no. It's not your fault. Reign did all these things."

"But I AM Reign."

"No, you are not like her. She is bad and evil. But you... you Sam... you are this sweet and loving being. You are a good mum and a good friend. Sam, I... I love you... and I want to be with you, always. But for that you can't give up, you have to get back to me... to Ruby... to... to us, Sam."

Alex helps her up and pulls her into a long hug.

"Let's get you home. Did you find anything that doesn't fit in this world?"

"Yeah... there is a door which looked kinda weird."

"Ok let's go," She lays her arm around her waist and supports her while they walk.

"Can we take a break?"

"Yes, sure. Are you ok?"

"Yes... It's just... the longer I'm here the more weaker I get... it feels like she pulls out all my energy."