Chapter 34

Lena:
Kara where are you?

Kara:
Hay you're finally up! I'm back in 30 minutes. Do you want something to eat?

Lena:
Sure?

Kara puts her phone back into her pocket and pays the shop assistant.

"Good luck!"

"Thanks!," Kara looks down at the little box in her hand, "I really hope she says yes."

"Everyone who would say no would be stupid."

Nodding, she leaves the shop and goes to grab some food and head back to her lover.

"I'm back."

"Hay!," Lena jumps around her neck, "Don't leave me like that, at least leave me a note!"

"Sorry beautiful, I didn't thought I would need so long and I didn't want to wake you up."

"Where were you?"

"Oh just flying around...," Kara lies.

"Crinkle."

"Fine... planned our day today."

"Sounds good I think?"

"Here your food," Kara gives her a soft kiss.

"Thanks love."

While Lena eats, Kara goes into the bathroom and goes in her head through the day.

"Kara, darling?"

"Yes?"

"Can I have your hoodie?"

"What? Are you ok? Since when are you asking for my hoodie?"

"So it's a yes?"

"Of course, take what you need."

They spend the day together in a park.

Kara's head rested on Lena's shoulder, while they're watching the people around them.

"Kara?"

"Hm?"

"I want to stay with you here."

"Let just do that."

"But some day... we have to get back..."

"Yeah... that's right..."

They stayed a few more hours in the park, until it gets dark.

"Lena, I prepared a little bit for you."

"Ok?"

"Let just head back to the hotel room ok?"

"Sure?"

Back in the hotel, Kara leads Lena to the bathroom.

"Wait here, I just need a few minutes!"

She flashes through the room and decorates it with flowers. She puts the food on a blanket on the bed.

Nervous, she checks if the little box is still at it their place. Oh thank Rao!

"Ok, you can come out again!"

"Kara? What is all this?"

"I just want to have a romantic dinner with you."

"With happy ending?"

Kara laughs and takes her hands. "Maybe."

She pulls her to the bed.

"Kara this is really cute," Smiling, Lena crawls on the bed.

"Here try this," Grinning, Kara holds something to her and feeds her with it.

After they finished everything, Lena gets up and to the closet.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing...," She pulls a little box out of a bag and opens it to check the content.

Weeks after they got back to National City, she bought the ring. But it was never the right moment to ask her.

Quickly, she hides it behind her back and crawls back on the bed.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah," With a big smile she takes Kara's hand.

"Kara... I have something for you. I know what I said but I just... I don't wanna wait any longer."

She pulled the box from behind her back and opens it.

"This ring is made for eternity. I love you Kara and I want to spend the rest of my life with you...," Slowly, she puts the ring on Kara's finger.

It takes her a little bit longer to realize what Lena said. But when the realisation hit her, she couldn't hold in her tears and pulls Lena in a hug.

"I love you too..."

When Kara loses again, she brushes her tears away.

"And I hate you for ruining my moment!"

Lena looks at her with a confused gaze.

So Kara gets up and pulls her own box out. She knees down in front of her.

"Lena Luthor. I needed a little bit longer to realize that I love you... but when I did, I realized that I always loved you and that I won't love anyone else like I love you. I know we're not perfect but I love you so so much!," She opens the little box.

Lena starts to tear up herself.

"I can't image my life without you anymore. And I promise you, to be by your side and care for you every day. So Lena... Would you marry me and become my wife?"

"Of course!," Her voice cracks a little bit, she throws herself around Kara's neck and presses a kiss on her lips.

Both stare at her hands and the ring at their finger. Both couldn't believe what just happened.

Even when they layed right next to each other.

"This feels like a dream."

"Yeah and I don't wanna wake up again!"

Kara lays her arm around her and buries her face in her neck.

"I love you Lena."

"I love you too Kara."