Chapter 22

When Kara woke up, Lena was already gone. But she knew where she would find her so she flied straight to this place.

"Lena?"

The young woman flinched at her voice, she didn't moved and starred on the water.

It's the place where they had their first real date. It's outside the city in the woods at a beautiful lake. At night you can see how the sunset is reflecting in the water.

Lena sits near the water leaning against a stone, her legs are pulled up to her chest.

"Why are you here...?"

"Alex came to get me. She told me that you're not ok and I... I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine Kara. You didn't have to come here."

"Lena, you cried last night. You looked really bad, so please don't tell me you're fine. I know I hurt you, but Lena... I love... you're important to me," Slowly, she sits down next to her, "And I don't want to see you hurt."

"I'm good," Her voice cracks and tears start to fall down her cheek.

"Hay, shhh... It's ok, it's ok Lena...," Quickly, she pulls her into her arms, which caused that Lena only cried more.

"I missed you so much," Lena buries her head in her neck.

"And I stay as long as you want me to stay."

"Promise?"

"Promise," With a little smile, she kisses her forehead.

They sit in silence cuddled up. Kara stroke over Lena's back and pressed a kiss here and there on her head.

"So... do you want to talk...?"

Lena shakes her head: "Not now please."

"Ok. Then later."

Lena's heartbeat finally slowed down a bit.

"Can we please get back to how it was...?," A little shy, Lena loosens a little bit and looks into Kara's eyes with a hopeful and excusing look in her own eyes.

"It won't be the same, but Lena..."

"Please?"

"Lena, I...," She bites her lip and thinks about what she should say, "I still love you, I will always love you, but... all the things we said... we have to learn to trust each other again."

"I know... I'm so sorry for what I said... I know that it was stupid and wrong, I was so angry and hurt..."

"Hay, don't cry. It's ok, I deserved it. I'm sorry for keeping secrets and I promise you, I won't lie to you ever again. No secrets, no lies, just the truth," Her hand rests on Lena's cheek and strokes away her tears.

"Please don't go... don't leave me again..."

"I won't, I already told you that. I stay as long as you want me to stay. But Lena... you need to talk about everything. You need to stop pushing all of this away."

"I just... I can't... It hurts so much..."

"I know, but Lena, I'm here for you. You're not alone. You don't have to be afraid. You NEED to talk."

With a nod, Lena leans again against Kara's shoulder.

Together they stare at the water.

After a while they get hungry, so Kara decides to fly back and grab some food and blankets.

"It's getting a little bit cold, so I brought you some blankets and a hoodie. I hope I didn't forget anything."

"Thanks," With a sweet smile, she takes the blankets and her hoodie.