Chapter 10- Alone

TRIGGER WARNING: NEGATIVE SELF TALK REGARDING BODY IMAGE.

LINES INDICATE WHERE TRIGGER STARTS AND STOPS.

When they exited the small office, Rhysand was in the sitting room pacing. Feyre only nodded at him as she passed. He immediately sat down, clearly relieved.

Feyre let her up the spiral stairs. Try as she may, Nesta couldn't help but admire the beautiful house.

The landing of the second floor had two huge archways that were open to the outside, much like the House of Wind. Long, white, silk curtains were open and flowing in the warm breeze. Nesta could only assume there was some sort of magic to prevent the weather from effecting the inside of the house. The view was breathtaking.

Nesta had no idea what it was to live in such luxury. She doubted she ever would.

There was a seating area with fluffy couches and chairs, a small table, a few bookshelves lined the walls. To both her left and right were hallways lined with windows, smaller versions of the giant archways on the landing. Feyre led her down the hallway to her left.

Feyre stopped at the end of the hallway, passing five windows, in front of a large white door with a golden doorknob. Nesta assumed it was real gold.

She opened the door to a room larger then Nesta had ever seen. A room for a princess, a queen. The white walls were carved in elegant patterns and curves and were accented beautifully with the blue pastel curtains that led out to a balcony. The paintings in this room were of flowers of all kinds. Gold accents were perfectly placed around the room, making Nesta feel as though she were standing in a heavenly cloud dripping with golden sunlight.

The awe of her home had obviously worn off to Feyre, as she barely glanced at the room after opening the large door.

"This is where you'll be staying. Cassian is with the healer now, but I'll have them stop by to check you before they leave." She said, still only standing in the doorway.

Nesta was still taking in the room, and nodded as Feyre continued.

"The kitchen is downstairs to the right, help yourself to anything. I've sent for your bag from your apartment. For tonight, the armoire is full, so pick out anything you like to sleep in and to travel in tomorrow. It's in the dressing room through the doors directly to your left."

Again, all Nesta could to was nod. She walked slowly to the bed as Feyre continued talking. The bed was elevated, and Nesta ascended the two steps up to the platform the bed was on. The posts and headboard were carved gold in that same swirling pattern, culminating in a bloom on the high ceiling where the same blue pastel fabric fell around the bed in a canopy. It was big enough to fit four people, maybe five.

The whole bedroom seemed like a gross display of wealth. The whole house did.

"The bathroom is that door,-" Feyre pointed across the wide room to a door on the wall. "Towels, hair and body wash, bubbles, scrubs..."

Feyre looked at her feet.

"This is a lot. I know."

Nesta tried not to be furious as she replied, "Yes. It is. If this is only a guest room I don't want to see your room."

She turned to her sister as she said, "Not a single person in the Night Court should be starving or homeless or helpless if you're spending this kind of money on a guest room."

Her sister only sighed and said, "Cassian is down the other hallway. He knows the house, so if you need anything, ask him. I'll be gone with Rhys until morning."