Chapter 26- Make The Mountians Shake

NSFW :)

Nesta was happy, but exhausted.

Right about when she was at the top of the stairs was when Nesta remembered the broken glass in her room. 

"Damnit." She swore under her breath, closing her hand around the cold door knob, opening it to the same sight she had awoken to. The glass shone in the moonlight, looking like waves cresting over her floor. 

"Cassian?" She called, heading back to the top of the stairs. 

The Illyrian was in the kitchen, eating an apple. She leaned against the wall as he turned to face her. 

"Hmph?" His mouth was full. Nesta chuckled. 

"Where can I find a broom?" 

Cassian ran the back of his hand across his mouth, swallowing before he spoke. 

"Henery took it so he could get Iona's room there with the healers set up." 

Nesta frowned. 

"Why?" Cassian was at the bottom of the stairs, the half eaten apple in his hand. She looked down at him. 

"I have-" She paused. Nesta didn't want to tell him about breaking the bottle.

"I dropped a vase in my room. The glass is all over my floor. It's alright though, I can-" 

Just as she was turning around to head back to her room, Cassian bounded up a few stairs to catch her hand. 

"You could sleep in my room tonight." He said, light fingers dancing on the inside of Nesta's wrist. 

She stilled, remembering the last time they had shared a bed, ending in tears with both of them. But she was drunk that night. 

She wasn't now. She was in control of herself, her emotions, her reations. 

"And you'll sleep on the couch?" She took a step down the stairs. 

"Oh, um.." Cassian's eyebrows creased as he shrugged. "I- yeah- I mean I can." 

Nesta smiled and tilted her head. 

"You're joking." 

She nodded.

He smiled, a mirror of herself. "You're not funny." 

Nesta giggled a giggle she would only ever let him hear, and pulled her hand away from him. 

"Let me change, I'll be there in a moment." 

Cassian nodded and bounded back down the stairs. Nesta returned to her room, carefully brushing the glass to the side with her foot. She had no cloak or any skirts to safely brush the glass back, so she was simply overly cautious as she made her way to the bed. 

She crawled over the edge and grabbed her bags, rummaging through for night clothes. 

Her hand brushed something soft and lacy, and she remember what she had buried in the bottom of her bag. 

She pulled out the night gown, the only thing she had ever bought from the lingre shop in Velaris. 

Nesta had gone there once, thinking it would keep her mind off everything. This was the only thing she had seen herself wearing. 

It was a forest green nightgown, stopping just below her ass. From the waist up, it was entirely a silver lace that shone like moonlight. There was no back, simply the lace coming together at her neck in a halter and the green satin begenning at her waist.