Chapter 11- At Peace

Nesta was no where to be found.

The room was identical to his own, but the colors were inverted. His room was blue and silver, while hers was white and gold. That seemed strangely fitting. 

She had been in here, he knew it. He had heard Feyre and her voice and he could still smell roses and rum in the air. 

Cassian stepped into the main room after having checked the bathroom, the dressing room, the balcony- she had left. 

Which was incredibly problematic, not only because Cassian really wanted to mess with her, but also because of what she could be doing in the city. 

Night was in full swing, and the moon taunted him as he jumped the rail on the balcony and flew into the dark skies, following that thread through the city. 

He first checked her apartment, the open window making it easy to get inside. 

Nesta's room was a mess. 

Clothes were strewn about everywhere, in what he could only assume was a mess from packing her bags. He could tell she had been here only moments before by the lingering scent. 

He tried not to notice the heap of empty wine bottles in the living room as he searched for any kind of clue as to where she would be. 

"Dammit." He swore under his breath. Lifting one of the bottles up, he noticed the rim was still wet. 

She had drank all the wine she had in her apartment, then left. 

"Dammit, Nesta." Cassian repeated as he quickly left her apartment to find her. 

He knew where she would be. When the liquor ran out at home, there was only one place she would go for more. 

________________________________________________________________________________

It burned like fire going down her throat. That was one thing about Fae liquor she would never get used to, was how much it burned going down. 

Unfortunately, she learned all to quickly that it burned that much coming back up too. 

She never drank when she was human, not like this. Maybe a glass of wine at an event or dinner, but the taste of alcohol had always turned her off. Made her sick just thinking about it. 

Now, it was almost a punishment for herself. 

It was a punishment until it was the pure bliss of fog and forgetting. 

And tonight there was nothing she wanted to do more then forget.

Nesta had drained 3 bottles of human wine she had brought and saved for a rainy day. Unfortunately, human spirits were shit compared to Fae, so she had been nothing more then slightly buzzed when she left her apartment and came here. 

Her favorite black hole. 

The tavern had a name she had long forgotten, only knowing the way there and nothing more. The name had long worn off the sign hanging above the door. She didn't want to know what it was called anyway. All she knew was that the liquor was cheap, fast acting, and she could always find someone desperate enough to take home.