Chapter 33- Goodmorning

Cassian awoke, but didnt move an inch. Everytime he had spent the night with Nesta, something bad happened in the morning. 

So he did not move, did not stir as to not break the spell the rising sun had cast. 

That sun shone purple and blue light onto Nesta's face, her eyelashes fluttering lightly. Her head lay on his shoulder, one arm tucked tightly into her chest and the other slung around Cassian's waist. 

His arm had fallen asleep under her head, but he didn't mind. Cassian brushed a hair away from Nesta's face, and realizing that her hair had fallen out of it's poinytale during the night, began to stroke his hand gently through the soft strands of honey. 

She didn't move, simply kept breathing deeply as Cassian brushed his hand through her hair. 

It was such a simple thing. Such a small thing. But it meant everything to him. Knowing this beautiful creature, the same one who spat her vemon at everyone she saw, trusted him enough not only to sleep in the same bed, but to cuddle up to him and allow him such intimacy. 

Every moment with Nesta, Cassian decided, was a gift. 

He tipped his head down slightly and kissed her forehead. Nesta hummed slightly, making Cassian's hands stop their combing. 

Nesta mumbled something as she scooted closer and dug her head into his neck. 

"What, Nes?" Cassian whispered, tracing a finger across her cheek.

In answer, Nesta wiggled her hand out from between them and moved his hand back to her hair. 

Cassian chuckled lightly as he again began to run his hand through her hair. Nesta took a deep breath and sighed, her body molding closer to his in the exhale. 

Cassian kissed the top of her head. "Morning, sweetheart."

Nesta grunted in response, light fingers drawing shapes on Cassian's back. 

"Do you want me to make you breakfast?" Nesta's breath was hot on his neck as she breathed. 

Nesta simply shook her head and kissed Cassian' neck gently. 

Cassian's hand stopped with his fingers buried in the hair at the nape of her neck, his thumb gently pushing on the bottom of her chin. Nesta complied, lifting her head, but kept her sleepy eyes shut. 

"Where'd she go?" Cassian whispered, tilting Nesta's face pretending to inspect it. 

Kissing her cheek, he whispered onto her skin, "Not here.." 

Moving to her forehead, he kissed it and said again, "Not here.." 

"Oh, stop it." Nesta groaned, her hands on Cassian's cheeks as he kissed down her face. 

Cassian continued, though, murmuring as he went. Her skin was soft on his lips, her body warm under his hands. 

"Cas, don't-" Nesta began, but cut herself off with a light gasp as Cassian's lips brushed her earlobe. 

"Hmmm." Cassian mused, his hands on her waist pushing her over onto her back. Nesta kept her hands on either side of his face, but didn't protest as he continued his taunt. 

"Down here?" He nipped at her earlobe before ducking his head under his chin and kissing down her neck. 

Cassian couldn't help himself. Nesta was so perfect in the light of dawn, her little gasps and quiet wimpers as his teeth grazed her skin, the way she wrapped her legs around his waist as he settled himself between them- he could never get enough of this.