Chapter 20- The Web That You Weave

"Eyes up, keep dancing, keep light on your feet." 

Cassian stood in the ring, demonstrating the 'safe way' to train. 

Nesta wasn't really paying attention to that, though. 

No, this morning Cassian had chosen a dark green undershirt, more of a tank-top, completely exposing his upper chest and his arms, now curled up toward his face, muscles tight. 

His fists were wrapped, just like he had wrapped hers earlier that morning, and he was staring off to the edge of the forest. 

Nesta prowled outside the ring, changing her position not only to get a batter view of what he was demonstrating, but to get a better view of him

After removing her from the med tent, Cassian had insisted they go on a run. Training had begun. It felt like miles and miles, endlessly through the forest. Cassian didn't let her stop once, always shouting behind him 'keep up!' or 'come one'! 

She had only survived the run out of spite.

Not to mention the run had been 15 minutes, and Cassian had been dancing in that ring for 10 minutes. Nesta had simply stood there, watching.

Nesta crossed her arms, the leather of her vest shifting. Jaida and Verra were back in the healers tent doing whatever magical things they were doing. 

Jaida informed Nesta she would have an hour with Cassian, she would 'shoo' him off somwhere, and then they would have thier magic training. 

That hour would be very long if Cassian never let Nesta into the ring. She ached to learn, to fight, to train. All those months ago, when he first asked her to train with him, that same fire welled inside her. She had only said no because then she couldn't stand being around the dark Illyrian in front of her. 

With the view she had of his backside right now, though, she supposed she didn't mind him as much anymore. 

"And really work to dig your heels into the ground-" He demonstrated a slow motion movement, his arm arching through the air, his back heel lifting off the ground and rotating with his body. 

"Like that." 

Nesta sat on a rock surrounding the ring. "Ok." 

Cassian turned to face her and Nesta immideatly snapped her eyes up to meet his. 

"Why are you sitting, sweetheart?" He breathed, still prancing from one foot to the next. 

Nesta snorted.

 "This is a wonderful show and tell presentation, really, it is. I'm simply failing to see how watching you punch nothing will teach me to fight." 

Cassian rolled his eyes, and Nesta added, "But if you had more prepared by all means continue." 

His voice was smug. "I'm not letting you in this ring until I know you know how to safely train."

Nesta leaned against the rocks surrounding the ring. "You can't teach me that in the ring?" 

Cassian tightened the fabric over his knuckles, looking sideways at her. 

He grunted and turned away, tightening his bun. 

Nesta took the oppertounity to hop over the rocks and into the ring. As soon as her feet hit the stone, Cassian whirrled around and threw a punch. 

But Nesta hadn't only been admiring the Illyrians ass. She had been watching.

She let her feet prance like his, side stepping the punch. Her body moved faster, like there was no lost time between her brain and her movements. Like this Fae body was made to do this.