Chapter 2

As Gulf and I gazed towards the counter, a heap of joy upheaved me when I saw Alexis walking out of the airport counter. Before I Could react, Gulf rushed towards her and hugged her and it made me wonder whether it was me who did not understand Gulf all these years.

Within minutes, when Alexis stood in front of me, I noticed she was not the Alexis I knew six years ago. She was only a little shorter than me and Gulf. Her black hairs were neatly combed while her fair, smooth skin glittered, her thin rid lips absolutely looked kissable making her the most beautiful girl I had seen in years. She was stunning.

''I still cannot believe you're here.'' I shrieked on her shoulder after she jumped upon me for a hug.

''Wow, you're stronger than I thought, Mew". She whispered chuckling softly as her feet landed on the floor. Alexis voice sounded like music to my ears.

''Look at us now.'' She said exchanging her glances between me and Gulf, who was holding Alexis' luggage and after a brief silence, dived in for a group hug.

''Let's hit home.'' Gulf said untightening our hug and each of us grabbed a luggage each and walked out of the airport.

Once we stepped outside, thousands of taxis greeted us. '' What do we do now?'' She asked.

''Now, we take a taxi, Lexie'' Gulf answered and hearing the word 'Lexie' took my memory back to our childhood days. Lexie was the sweet name given by Gulf to Alexis. It showed, no matter how tough Gulf acted, Alexis was still close to his heart.

''So, do you want to say anything on the town..city lady?'' I teasingly took a jibe at Alexis as we got inside a taxi which Gulf had halted.

''The town's larger than I remember.'' She answered.

''It's just not only larger but is also richer.'' Gulf added

''So, how long are you here for?'' I asked as Gulf got busy putting her luggage on the back of the car.

''My summer ends on August first week. Before that, I need to decide something.'' She answered and I noticed how sophisticated she seemed. It was surreal how uptight she had become.

Meanwhile, Gulf and the driver locked the back of the car and joined us.

''We're going to get moving now...any problem?'' said Gulf staring at the two of us weirdly, with his usual harsh tone. Sometimes, I missed the fragile, shy, timid Gulf I used to know. Perhaps, it was not only me because Alexis stared at Gulf as though she was mesmerized by the very smart, good looking, carefree Gulf.

''Don't be surprise, Alexis. You have no idea what he has become.'' I jokingly told her as the taxi started.

Soon, our ride to Alexis Place began.

''So, what's going on with the two of you?'' She asked loudly as she glanced at me and Gulf, who was sating on the front seat while Gulf and I stared at each other in perplexity. ''You guys look like you just had a fight.'' She said next and it made the two of us snigger.

''We're always like this.'' Gulf answered easefully and looked at me with a smirk.

''He became way too popular, that's what happened... I think it's safe to say he takes me for granted.'' I said.

''What the hell Mew!!'' Gulf shouted getting annoyed. ''Seriously stop making stuffs up. Lexie, don't buy anything he says. By the end of the summer, you'll figure out everything'' defended Gulf.

''Are we still friends? '' she said followed by a giggle.

''We are.'' Gulf and I cried out in unison.

"Then what's with such differences? "

"Nothing, Mew just hates everyone I hang out with"

"Once you hang out with decent people then I'll stop complaining"

"What kind of a people are you talking about? "

"Believe me, you don't want to know" I said recollecting the oaths I and Gulf had made. We have decided to keep Gulf's and Mandy's relationship a secret for it would hurt Alexis.

"So did you get me the thing I asked?'' asked Gulf and I remembered him begging for a playboot the last time we skyped together.

''Common G, How could I not.''

''That sounds like what a bestfriend would do... you hear that, Mew? .'' Gulf cooed turning at me again.

''Your ego must be pretty much self-satisfying... What about me, Alex. What did you bring for me?'' I chimed in

''Well you didn't asked for anything so I thought you wanted nothing.'' Said Alexis dryly while Gulf slyly mocked at me. He loved it when fateful things like that happened to me.

''So you brought nothing?'' I asked disappointed.

''I thought you wanted nothing''

''God, Alexis, that's really not fair on your part"

''See, Lexie? It's been less than five minutes since we've meet and he has already start complaining. It's not easy to please this man.'' Gulf amusingly joined in.

''Stop influencing her, Gulf. You can't deny that he's no longer the same person, Lexie'' I snapped glaring at him.

''How long has this been going on?'' asked Alexis in a rather serious tone and suddenly i wondered whether she was feeling left out.

''Eversince you left, Alex. He had been nothing less than a stranger to me. All he care about is those girls.'' I dramatically whined.

''Believe Me Alexis, it's nothing like he says. He's just jealous because he's the only man who is single among us'' said Gulf.

''You're dating?'' My attention completely turned to Alexis as she stared at me holding an uncomfortable yet beautiful smile. ''I can't believe you didn't tell me.''

''It's not a big deal. The relationship is still new...how come you didn't know about it? I thought Gulf and you shared everything.'' She said apolegetically and I realized there are some things that were still the same between us such as, the two of them against me.

"I told you, he isn't my friend anymore"

''You told me you didn't want to talk about relationship.. That's why I didn't tell you'' Gulf quickly added.

''Yes, I told you not to talk about your relationship...not hers. You could've told me about Alexis..that's common sense, Gulf.''

''What the hell. You asked me not to even talk to you.'' Gulf protested. ''Geez Mew, you're still annoying.''

''whatever.''

''Common guys. Stop it. " Alexis added, laughing, "Jared.. That's his name".
Her answer made Gulf and I stare at her attentively.