Chapter 21

I descended down the stairs from Gulf's room and just when I unlocked the door to outside, Gulf called me. He then vaguely smiled  at me and said, "Have Fun."

A smile lingered long in my face as Gulf's nice behaviour became more adorable. It felt strange to embrace the very new Gulf.

The moment I opened the door, I met Alexis who looked like she was about to knock on the door.

''Wow...you cut your hair.'' I said noticing that her hairs were cut short till her shoulder which made her look cute

She chuckled softly  ''Thanks for noticing.'' She said curving up a smile at the corner of her lips and began to walk along the porch towards the outside of the front gate.

''It suits you better.'' I complimented while she snorted a giggle and glanced at me asking, ''What were you guys doing?''

''We were watching a movie.'' I answered.

''Yeah? What were you watching?"

"Just an old movie, Kungfu Panda"

"Gulf still has a knack for such cute stuffs?"

"He does. He actually had a lot of those chick flicks as well". I said laughing while we finally made it to the streets and took the footpath. I quickly switched positions with her to make sure she walked in the safer side of the path.

" Chick flicks... Perhaps, Mandy influence?" She guessed.

"Hmm.. Yeah".

''That's a burn for a football guy.''

We giggled softly together as the night grew more silent.

''So,'' she glanced at me briefly breaking the silence and continued, ''you two have made up?"

''Hm, yeah.'' I began to slurr, ''Last night Gulf turned up to my place after we separated.'' said I struggling myself to answer.

''I figured that would happen.'' sincerely she said "Hey! Do you wanna go somewhere quiet?'' She asked fixing hers eyes at me.

''Where?''

She smirked along with a sigh and said, ''You'll have to wait to find that out.'' Then she took the path beneath the busy street which had less pedestrians and travellers.

''Are we going to Apex garden?'' I asked remembering the very old playground where the three of us used to spent most of our Sundays after sunday school.

''Wow, you really figured out.'' She said dramatically making an 'o' with her mouth.

''yeah, Genius, am I? "

"Is there another important place in this part of the town other than Apex Garden? " She cooed.

''You just don't want to give credit to me, do you? "

''Ha, you're very different tonight.'' She said laughing and for the first time I realized how melodious her laugh was.

For once, I forgot how she looked, how tall she was and just listened to her voice which still carried the essence of girlhood and it was beautiful.

''Well, here we are.'' her warm voice entered my ears as she placed her hands in her thighs and stopped walking.

We were finally at Apex Garden. 'Apex Garden' was a small grassland, with  few large trees standing tall with their twigs bent to the ground due to its heavy weight from the leaves, while small flowers had bloomed beautifully among the bushes.

The town Municipals had kept some few benches around with one dim light hanging above one of the twigs, to make it look romantic, maybe.

The place was a good spot to sit and talk watching the peaceful sky and relax the night off by inhaling the peaceful fragrance of the nature.