Chapter 20

Gulf offered to talk with Alexis for me. We decided it was best for Alex and Jared to sort things out between themselves. In fact, I was too embarass to meet Jared and even Alexis, hence I decide to stay back home.

When Gulf left to drop Jared off together with Alexis, I was left alone at home. Then memories began to flash on me. I remembered the way Alexis comforted me, the way she tried to be there for me and the way she smelt and I realized I did not mind the kiss at all.

Did she really meant something for me?

I amused at my own thoughts wondering how many more feelings I have for my said bestfriend.

''Are you okay?'' My little sister Hillary interrupted making me realize that I was smiling to myself alone. For once, I forgot I was watching TV together with her in the sitting room.

''Yes I am. What are we watching?'' I diverted the topic.

''Seriously?"

''Such a long holiday and all you do is sit and watch tv?'' I asked messing with her a little.

''Well, I don't wanna go anywhere.'' she said fixing her eyes back to the tv.

''Is everything okay with you? Staying at home isn't likely to be you'' I asked putting my arms across her shoulder and pulled her in closer to me which she reluctantly complied.

''Hm,hmm'' she nodded still withdrawing her eyes from me.

''I smell lies.'' I said softly. '' You know you can tell me if something is bothering you.''

''I know.''

''So, are you gonna tell me?''

''I think I'm liking someone.'' she took a pause as blushes appeared in her cheeks.

''Really...Who?''

''You're gonna laugh at me.''

''Nonsense....why would I do that ''

''It's Alfredo.''

''Alfredo..cool...wait, Gulf's brother?'' Then she nodded her head. ''I thought you guys were friends.'' I said surprised.

And I wondered whether friendship were meant to turn to relationship at some point.

Just when I was about to dragged myself into another long thought, Gulf walked in,out of breathe, probably after a good run.

''Did you have a nice run?'' I asked jokingly while he stopped at the doorway making me more curious to learn about what conversation was exchanged between Alexis and he.

''Did you talk?'' I ask eagerly

''Ask her. She'll tell you better.'' Strangely Gulf answered and that annoyed me deeply.

''You're kidding right?''

''No. Ask her'' he asserted seriously and it made me wonder whether they actually even had a talk or not ''Besides, I'm running late. I have a girlfriend to catch up.'' He added turning his back at me while I simply amazed at Gulf's strange behaviour as he ran out of the house.

''Gulf looked piss, doesn't he?" Hill remarked which I didn't notice.

''Did he? He seemed normal to me" I said.

''By the way Mew, will you take me to their place tonight? Alfredo needs help with our math project? "

"Are you sure its math? " I grinned at her while she started throwing her tantrums at me until I agreed.

**********
''I'm nervous.'' Hill whispered as we stand on Gulf's porch, ringing the doorbell. It was about six in the evening.

''You're only here to tutor him math. Stop worrying so much ". As we speak, Alfredo opened the door which made my little sister hitch her breathe.