Chapter 16

It was still dark when my alarm began to rang at four thirty. I had never been an early riser but the thought of starting ''Summer'' all over again shoot down comfortably to my mind and body. Hence, I left the bed early.

I ran in and out of the washroom, trying to get myself friendly with the water while I alarmed myself not to forget things that could become handy during the trip.

Alex told me to meet her up at her place at seven because by nine, we must be at the airport picking Jared.

The thought of Jared intrigued me. He was going to be in the sea side as his summer project demanded it. And to what Alex told me, he was a confident man, someone I can never be.  And I smiled realizing, someone like Alex deserve the best and not an arse or a spineless person like myself.

However, I was a little jealous. The thought of Alex with another man was somehow disturbing but I did not have answers to it. Besides, Mandy and Gulf was going to be there to occupy me although I probably was going to be the only one without a partner.

I rushed down to the kitchen and started packing some snacks and filled my empty stomach simultaneously. Then I ran up to my room, packed a short and sleveless vest for exposing myself to the sun and water.

I slipped into a pair of half pants, a cotton stripped buttoned shirt exposing my upper chest and a cool black converse. I spend a little more time doing My hair and massaging my whole face and body with some sunscreen  to protect myself from sunburn.

Meanwhile, Alexis called me up inquiring about my readiness and just as I was about to hit, mum stopped me.
''Where you headed to?'' She asked wondering at me, yawning.

''Alexis thought it'd be cool to visit the sea side just like old times.'' I said.

''Well, did you pack everything okay then?''

''Yeah. I'm good to go. I'll see you tonight.''

''Alright... Have fun. Make sure to call.''

''No worries. Bye. I love you mom.''I went in for a hug and kissed her on her cheeks and dashed off. I was satisfied to have such a supportive family.

In my way, I called Gulf just to know that he was already at Alexis' which was kinda weird but I was glad to know that each of us was taking this new beginning of our friendship seriously.

''What about Mandy?'' I asked.

''She's here too.'' came Gulf's response which was rather unbelievable but I was right, this was the new chapter to our friendship.

However I wondered whether Mr & Mrs. Lexis will willingly forget all those emotional abuse they went through because of Mandy's father. I also wondered whether Alexis really could move on from her past.

And then a sudden realization hit me. Although I had been pretending to have forgiven , forgotten and moved on, the truth was, I no longer felt important and special to the Kanawut and Lexis' families including Gulf and Alexis.

No matter how much I wanted, I realized there was no way that I, Mew Suppasit  can be the only person  who can have free access to the two most beautiful person. I realize they will have to move on with their own girlfriends and boyfriends, and the family will have to share the love with their in laws. And I, in the end will just be a friend from the past. It hurted a little.

''Mew'' Mrs. Lexis answered my knock on the door and she looked relieved, meeting my face. ''Everyone's here.'' she gasped making me walked in through the open door. She looked uncomfortable but I could tell I was not the reason.

''Is everything alright Mrs Halden?'' I cautiously asked trying to read her facial expression.

''fine. They are upstairs.'' said she as she disappeared into their room. I bewildered.