Chapter 7

When Alexis and I reached my place, to my surprise, I saw my classmate, Sam sitting on my doorstep as though he was waiting for me.

But it can never be possible because Sam and I, weren't even friends. It clearly didn't make sense what he was doing there until he opened his mouth.

''Agh! there you are Alexis. Your mother told me you'd be here.'' He said making his way towards us with a cheeky smile while Alexis stared at him confusingly, probably wondering about the stranger talking to her like he know her.

"He's Sam... our classmate" I informed her as I notice Sam advancing towards her.

'' hmm, We're having this summer party at my place tonight and I was hoping you both would come'' he said next and right then I figured it must be one of Gulf's matchmaking bet for Alexis. ''So, I'll see you guys at six?'' He resumed flagging his brunnette hair.

''Sure, we would love to. Thank you very much'' said Alexis politely making me wish she would turn him down and humiliate him.

''Ah, that's cool. Mew, why don't you bring her along since you already know the place?" Sam said pretending as though we were bestfriends. I could tell, he was trying to impress Alexis but I didn't want to help, hence I silently stared at him as though I was freaked out by him.

He walked away after a brief awkward silence.

''Wow, it's been only a day since You've been here and you have men hunting you already. Not bad! Alexis'' I teased at her while continuing my way to the kitchen holding the baskets.

''Oh stop it..so, are we going?'' She asked finally sitting on the couch of the sitting room while handing me the baskets to be kept in the kitchen.

''I can't.''

''Why?''

''I have Hill and kitchen duty. It's noon already.''

''I'm not going either" She said while I figured, she was trying to change my mind.

'' Gulf's going to be there. Why don't you go along with him? ''

''Like you said, he'll probably be busy with girls.''

'I'll make sure, he doesn't leave you.''

''Stop being so mean and take me around to meet my old friends.'' She rolled her eyes at me and snapped sharply. ''Besides, Hill can spent the night with my parents and I can help you in your kitchen duty.'' She continued as she quickly stood up from the couch.

I stood in the doorway between the kitchen and the sitting room, staring at her before exiting to the kitchen and stood behind the stove to fill the cabinets with the vegetables.

''Are you even listening?'' She followed inside while I wondered why she was so eager for the party.

''What is wrong with you?'' I asked laughing, trying to annoy her more.

''Why would you think there's something wrong with me? " She asked

''Because you don't seem like someone who'd be desperate for parties."

''Desperate? Me? "

"Of course! Does it look like it's me? "

" Wow, Mew, your boring ass thinks I'm desperate. Should I thank you?'' She cooed at me.

''If that's what you want.''

''So, you're seriously not going...'' She asked but it was not a question.

She then leaned on the stove and made her puppy face which was so adorable that I began to blush. Or may be, because I liked the idea of going with a beautiful girl like Alexis and make the boys jealous.

''Fine...but on one condition.'' I said, agreeing while I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of how Gulf would react when he realizes he had lost his bet. Of course, I was certain that he had bet whatever it is, on Alexis and I would never show up to the party. This time, I intended to prove him wrong.

''What kind of a condition? " Alexis resumed.

''You'll help me in my kitchen duty.''

''Of course! That shouldn't even be a condition'' she said folding her sleeves up till her arm joints.

I handed her an apron and washed some carrots, mock tomatoes and brinjals while she decided to chop them into pieces. I wasn't impressed at all.

''That's not the way to chop brinjals.'' I complained as she struggled even to hold the knife.

''Believe me I've done this a hundred times.'' She said smirking slyly at me and accidentally, I sneezed on the flour that was on my hand which ended up all on her face.

''Ah! Perfect. This look tasty.'' I giggled as I placed a slice of cut tomato on her eyes as she groaned, unable to move.

Suddenly I heard, ''Payback.'' and before I could assit what was going on, she started throwing the rest of the Vegetables at me. Even before I realised, she pinned me down on the floor and chuckled, ''Let's get you floured as well.'' She said, lying over my chest and began rubbing her face on my shirt, as I tried to push her off slowly. But I couldn't as she attacked me with her tickles.

''Stop it Alex! Stop, stop'' I cried out, unable to stop laughing as she continued her tickles until we heard the clicking of a camera. ''What the heck are you two doing?'' And Gulf's voice filled the room.

Note:

In case you're reading this, I promise, next chapter will be dramatic 😂