Chapter 15

Much to Gulf's luck, his missed penalty did not lost the game. A last minute goal from Matthew saved the Titans and  the State Championship trophy finally landed in the hands of  the Titans.

Alexis and I  made our way back home finally feeling as though our burdens were lifted off our shoulder. Gulf, as usual, stayed back in the locker room as they needed to discuss about the game with the rest of the team.

While on our way back, Alexis ask me to drop by her place  later at night as she had something planned for the next day.

As Alexis and I separated, I could not help but smile thinking about all the cute little things that had happened. It was not a matter of compromises but the fact that the three of us had so much love for each other that nothing really mattered.

''Is everything okay with Alexis?'' Hillary asked walking into my room while I wore myself a new pair of jeans to hit to Alexis' place.

My younger sister had been surprising me for the past few days. She seemed all grown up and pretended like my own age. I wondered whether it is a sign of stepping into  typical teenage.

''We're good.'' I said applying some gel to my hair.

''What happened actually?'' she asked curiously folding her legs as she sat down on my bed in an Indian style. I doubted she would understand.

''Long story.. Besides, why are you being very nosy lately? '' I asked trying not to sound harsh.

''Well, you look excited to meet her". She teased and I did not liked where her young mind was going with it.

''Okay, stop...now I'll see you later" I threw myself out of the room and slammed the door behind me loudly taking a long sigh.

Am I really excited to meet Alexis? Of course I was and it was pretty normal because she was my friend.

On my way, I suddenly decided to drop by Gulf's place to settle things down that were left unsaid earlier. But when I reached his place, I figured there was a party in his room. I could figure it from the music and the noises that was coming out from his room.

It was normally how Gulf's room normally was: always filled with friends, especially when they win a tough game like this time.

''Long time, Mew'' Gulf's younger brother, Alfredo greeted me in the door way with his big smile across his round cute face. I always loved how Gulf's family never failed to welcome me with open arms.

''I've missed you buddy. Where's mum and dad?'' I asked messing his hairs up.

''Out...it's Gulf's night...mum and dad is on the way but I'm not going to tell him.'' He giggled with mischief.

''I see...you're being the party crasher huh...he deserve that for crashing that penalty". I playfully nudge his shoulder and messed his hair up entirely.

''He actually throws party everytime he misses something.'' said Alfredo and made space for me gesturing me to go to Gulf's room. Perhaps, he still had this certain believe that I would make him feel better.

Thanking his kind gesture, I hit the stairs, feeling a little awkward for It had been too long since my last visit.
I knocked at the brown door and someone asked me to enter. I did not know who but I pushed the door open and the first word I heard was ''Dude you did well.'' and right then I know what exactly they were talking about.

Gulf being Gulf was whining again.

''It was suppose to be an easy win.''
Gulf was cussing in frustration  when I entered the room and the rest of the boys stared at me. I had no idea it was a guys night.