Chapter 23

Yes, there will be lots of errors 🙃

*********

I woke up to a new day and I did not enjoy it. I did not go out of the house nor did I talk with anybody.

Hillary came asking why I had left her alone at Gulf's place, but I did not open the door for anyone. I was tired.

I shut myself inside my room contemplating as to where I went wrong. I wanted to peel those thick layers of thoughts I had one after another, but I did not feel like doing it.

I wanted to be clear of my thoughts but my mind was tired; my brain hated to flash back to those memories and rewind all those terrible happenings.

As hours past by, I received a call from Alexis but I ignored. I know she had been nothing but a fair friend but I hated to discuss about anything. Infact, I hated words.

Hours later, Alexis ask me whether I was fine through a single text suggesting whether I wanted  her to come over to my place. I did not even feel like texting back. Hence I ignored again.

Then she began to bombard me with her text messages.

''Did something happened between you and Gulf? "

''I'm being ignored by both of you.''

''Gulf's not talking to me.''

''Are you okay?''

Her constant text messages made me restless. It  proved she was worried. Everything was going wrong once again. I hate  how Alexis always ended up in the middle of the mess, Gulf and I created. Guilt punched in my stomach for she did not deserve any of such.

Hence, I texted her back telling her I needed some time to fix it.

However, I wondered whether it can ever be fixed. The damage was beyond repair.

Gulf accused me of being dumb my whole life but I did not want to accept that. He treated me like shit and I would never understand that part of him.

But the hurting face of Gulf killed me more than anything in the world. I had never seen him in that state before, not even on the day he and Alexis fought. The  face I saw the previous night was filled with pain, regrets and  horror.

Had I been blind all along? I wondered. But it was not fair. The amount of guilt I would feel, if his accusations were right was something that would drive me insane. Hence, I was scared.

My innerself began to battle over right and wrong. I wanted to stop thinking but I didn't have a choice.

The air in my room was the only thing I breathed in for the last fifty six hours. Alexis stopped texting all of a sudden and Gulf really disappeared.

I woke up to a new day with blaring sun penetrating right through my window panes. Seeing the sunny sky, I spent some few minutes in the cold bath tub, relaxing myself, trying to figure out a new direction to my life.

I put in some fresh pajamas to gain some momentum and stayed in the room. The day had been peaceful so far until I was disquitened by a knock on the door.

''Mew? " It was Hillary continuosly knocking on the door.

''Please Leave me alone, Hill.''

''It's Alexis.'' she said and it surprised me.

Taking a deep breathe, I opened the door and the scene surprised me.

Alexis stood there, all dressed up in a black and white dress, looking really good but pale.

I checked her out from head to toe and wondered why she looked so organised, as if she was going somewhere. Then it hit me hard, the summer was coming to an end.