Chapter 10

''Wake up Mew, wake up.'' Hillary's desperate voice pierced into my ears bringing me back to consciousness.

I opened my eyes with great struggle and finally met my sister's face who was leaning down at me. I felt my head heavy as a stone and apart from the warm sun rays penetrating through the glass panes, I felt cold and empty. I have lost my two best friends. The Statement haunted me.

'It's Alexis! Hurry!!'' Hillary  exclaimed in a whisper and the name ''Alexis'' triggered a whole lot of new emotions.
The name ''Alexis'' brought back the nightmare I was intending to run away from. 

''Is she  mad?'' I asked slowly while Hill stared at me in simple perplexity. I wish she knew how terrified I was.

''She looks anxious.'' Said Hillary carefully examining my face and sat down at the edge of my bed. Maybe she was trying to read my face or was waiting for an answer from me. I could not talk about it to her, at least not at the very hour.

''Can you leave us alone for a second?'' I asked while she eyed at me confusingly.
Without wasting much time, she stood up and exit the room. I heard the door shut behind her and heard her murmur something to the person outside and I figured she was talking to Alexis.

I was trapped in an absurd circumstances and I had no idea how to deal away with it. I could hear the creaking of the door and I knew it was Alexis who was walking in. I was worried about what I would tell her, how I would begin but most of all, I did not want to loss her.

I glanced towards the doorway and standing there she was, all calm and composed. I looked at her briefly, breathing in the troubled air, wondering why she was here.
Her hair was messy, the same outfits from the previous night and she looked as if she had not seen the sun for days.

''You okay?'' Her sharp voice broke the silence and it warmed my heart. No matter what, it was me and Gulf's fault. Gulf should have never dated Mandy. I should have never lied or worse, kept it a secret when we both knew it would hurt her. I wish I had been wiser.

''I was worried about you.'' She continued softly and walked towards my bed.

I became ambiguous when she began to act kind, friendly, as if things were okay.

She then slowly sat down on my bed, staring her deep brown eyes into me. My heart ached at her gentle gesture.

''I don't know what to say, Alex. I am ashamed of myself'' I said, only to realize I had a sore throat and to my surprise, my voice cracked and the lump in my throat stopped me from talking further.

She smirked uneasily.

''That's not important anymore.'' She said.

''It is.'' I whimpered.

''No, it's not. Gulf's right. It has been six years now. He shouldn't hold any grudges with Mandy nor should you".

''Alex...''

''No. I realize I'm not even his best friend. What kinda bestfriend would never be there in any of his so many games.'' I could not believed in my ears. Was she patronizing us or was she being sincere? I freaked out. It was never her fault.

''Alex, that's ridiculous.'' I protested.

''I know. But I've been thinking about it.''

''Alex...what happened last night was not your fault. We shouldn't have lied to you. I should have told you".

''Mew....''

''No, you can't just be okay with it Alex. You need to be angry. You need to ask to be treated like a friend! That is, if you consider us as your friends. "

''You're cute.'' She said and slighted a smile and took my hands into hers as her eyes subdued with tears and it was that moment when I realised how emotionally hurt and broken she was.

She placed her palm on top of my fingers and rubbed it gently.
''Gulf deserves a sorry from us and I'm saying that because I want us to be friends.'' She decided and hearing that dumbstrucked me.

''Are you serious?'' I amazed at her.

''Yes. I want to make up with him as well as Mandy"

'''Why are you doing this? " I asked with utter disbelief.

''Mew, Gulf has every right to date the person he wants and so should you. We shouldn't feel obligated because that's not what friends do. We have to be there for each other and grown together. And you two are my best friends. I don't want to lose any of you. " She said and upon hearing that joys filled me up. I embraced her into a tight hug letting her know that I was never going to let her go again or hurt her.

Not yet Edited!!