Chapter 12

People always change with age. At least, that's how I felt. It was rather stupid of me to have hold on to those old memories, never moving ahead.

Gulf was right, he did not change. He just grew up and I did not. I was stuck there in the past, not loving the idea of changes. But nothing can ever stay the same or get stuck all the time.

The more I recall what Gulf said, the more I realize how stupid I had been. I was stupid enough to think the bond between us would remain as it was .
Mandy's words played on my mind in repeats. She was right, perhaps it was not Alexis alone who was stuck on the past. It was time for me to let go of those memories and create new ones. Afterall, people were meant to grow up.

And If only I had put myself in Gulf's shoe first, I would have understood his views better. If he didn't care about Alexis' feelings, he wouldn't have hide it from her in the first place.

He loved and cared about her hence he decided to keep it as a secret which was all out of respect. I did not blame Alexis for getting mad at the two of us but I did not find any fault in Gulf as well. Because love was always spontaneous and no one had it under control and hence no one had the right to tell Gulf to stop dating Mandy or be with her. It was his choice and no matter what he decides, I must Support him.

As I thought more the more remorseful I became. For once, I wished I could sleep and wake up with Amnesia. I wanted my friends back. I wanted to become a better person for him.

The next morning I woke up a little late and surprisingly my parents did not wake me up. I wondered.

As I stretched my body, I recieved a call from Alexis.

''Are we going to the game?'' She ask the moment I picked up. No morning, no stupid giggles but with mere seriousness.

''What game?'' I perplexed.

"Gulf's" She said.

I could not believe I forgot about it. Ironically, it made me realise more about the distance Gulf and I had maintained over the years.

''Is it important for him?'' I asked doubtfully because for one reason, I was hesitant to go: Gulf seemed to hate me.

''Are you coming?'' Alex persisted.

''I don't want to miss it but...''

''I'll pick you up at 4.'' quickly she interrupted.

''Alex?''

''I'm sure he'd love to have you around. He can't be that mad.''She comforted and I wished that had been true but Gulf was not Alexis. Gulf was somehow intimidating.

''I don't know. This hasn't happened before and I just feel like it's a mess.''

''You'll do what is right, Mew. I trust you.'' Alexis asserted and hearing that from her made everything so much easier. The trust she had in me, the fact that he believed in me, I simply adored Alexis.

I did not know how the day went by for I was too captivated with thoughts about life. It has been an unusual experience for I was standing in a lost road, not knowing where I stand in a friendship.

By the evening, as talked earlier, Alexis came to pick me up. It has been a while since Alexis and I had been getting along very well. If only things had been better with Gulf, I would have been having the best summer of my life. But I was not destined for a ''Happy Summer.''

''I'm still not sure I want to meet him.'' I said as Alexis and I made our way to the game.

The football stadium was at a distance of about fifteen minute walk, hence I insisted Alexis to rather walk than to drive a car. And Most of all, I did not mind walking with Alexis. It was peaceful to spend time with her and she was such a comfort.