•C h a p t e r T w e n t y - E i g h t•

Song for chapter twenty eight: You're in Love by Taylor Swift

|Skyler|

I was never one to be bold, or make risky moves. But this was the first time that I had acted impulsively without regret.

Right as my lips connected with his, a burst of fireworks exploded within my stomach. Aden place a hand behind my neck and an arm around my waist, pulling me closer towards him. I wrapped my legs around his waist instinctively, and my arms around his neck.

Another burst of confidence coursed through me as I attempted to take control of the kiss, though my efforts became futile when Aden slipped his tongue inside my mouth, igniting more fireworks in my stomach and throughout my whole body. My brain momentarily blanked out as I trailed my hand down his toned back, my other hand playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. Aden's muscles clenched under my touch and I resist a triumphant smile at the effect I had on him.

We finally broke apart, to my disappointment and I pushed myself away from him, in heavy breaths. The butterflies in my stomach slowly subsided as I glanced up at Aden, taking in his cheeks flushed and his eyes glazed over and darker than usual.

A wicked idea suddenly lit up in my brain, much like a light bulb. A sly smile spread over my lips, stretching larger at Aden's confused and dazed expression. I splashed him, the water hitting him square in the face.

"Hey!" Aden exclaimed, rubbing a hand over his eyes to get the water out. I guffawed, my laughs echoing through the woods. "Oh it's on," he narrowed his eyes playfully at me.

My eyes widened as I ducked back under the water, skillfully avoiding the water that Aden had splashed towards me. My head broke through the surface of the water again only to have what felt like a bucket of it splashed onto my face. I sputtered at the water that I had swallowed as I tried to catch my breath.

"I think that means I win," Aden smirked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

I took another large gulp of air, ducking into the water. I swam directly underneath him, yanking his legs under the water until his head was submerged into the lake. I gave the water one hard kick and broke through the surface of the water, Aden following behind me, coughing and spluttering.

"No I don't think you did," I winked at him.

"Y-you just caught me off guard," he coughed.

"You didn't take a breath before you went under?" I laughed.

"I did," he defended himself. Lie. Clearly he didn't.

Sighing, I tipped backwards, floating on my back. Clouds littered the bright blue sky, blending into streaks of lilac and pink as the sun began to set. A peaceful feeling washed over me.