•C h a p t e r T w e n t y - N i n e•

Song for chapter twenty nine: Cornelia Street by Taylor Swift (seriously listen to this)

|Skyler|

"I can't believe Woods is actually letting us do this," Ryan whooped as him, Aden and I walked in through the gates of an amusement park. "This is so much better than soccer practice," he said, eyeing the cotton candy, corn dogs and hot dog stands that littered around us as we walked deeper into the park.

For the last day of the trip, Mr. Woods decided to let us have our fun at the amusement park that was near the national park. He said that we deserved it for our good behaviour, but I had a feeling it was also because he had nothing planned until this morning.

Austin had disappeared as soon as Mr. Woods let us go, which may have been for his best interest since I didn't miss the tension between him and Aden. Austin looked hungover, his hair dishevelled and not even done, he looked paler than usual with dark circles under his eyes. The bruises on his jaw and cheek didn't help his pale complexion.

Ryan looked between Aden and I. "Okay... so I'm feeling like the third wheel right now but that's okay cause I'm gonna get food. You two can have your fun," he winked at us and I felt my cheeks begin to warm again. I took a deep breath in through my nose in a futile attempt to make myself seem less like a tomato. Ryan scurried away faster than I'd ever seen him walk as he joined the line for a hot dog. Luckily for him, the lines weren't super long as it was still before noon.

I looked at Aden, to see his eyes already on me. His gaze sent a heat wave through my body, "So, where to first?"

We had the whole day ahead of us, and I couldn't recall the last time I'd been to an amusement park. I was probably ten years old and had gone on all the rides for children with my mom.

"The rides obviously," he answered simply, with an excited grin plastered on his face. We went over to the ticket booth and got us a wristband that allowed us an unlimited amount of rides all day. The man who placed our wristbands on looked as though he'd much rather be doing anything else than working there.

Right as we left the ticket booth, Aden pointed a finger up to the sky, "That one is first."

I followed his finger to probably what was the most menacing ride of all. The sign at the bottom of the ride was called "Brain Buster" and I almost rolled my eyes at his corny it was. But the name did not own up to the ride. It was designed like an airplane propeller, with two baskets on each end that only sat four people altogether on each side of the long arm.