XXX

My shift today consisted of bickering middle-aged women complaining about their catch of the day, screaming toddlers crying over calamari, a weird older gentleman handing me his number, and a drunk head chief. Since I took Gage's shift today so he could go party, I was busy busting tables, serving, hosting and running. 

After my morning, I needed something to keep me occupied since I was closing too. I ate dinner at home before I left for work so I my break consisted on me hosting at the front. For a Tuesday night it was fairly busy so I was blessed to not run every square foot of the building. 

"Hey Magnolia," The front host, Reagan, starts to get my attention. "I have a party of eleven coming in. Can you move the tables in the dinning room?" She asks while I was busting a table and grabbing the tip. 

"Sure one sec." I reply taking the dishes in the back to the dishwasher. 

Heading back to the front, I grab the menus and rolled up silverware and set the party's table. It's not long after I set the table when the family comes in. Reagan directs them to their table while I'm there to greet them. Once they all get situated, I grab my notepad and pen. 

"Hey y'all my name is Magnolia and I'll be your server for this fine evening. Can I start you off with any drinks or appetizers?" 

I take their drink order and run it up in the back. Two of the guest ordered an alcoholic beverages and with me being sixteen, I can't carry out any alcohol drinks until I'm eighteen. So I had to ask one of the managers working that nigh to carry them out for me while I grabbed the rest. 

Heading back to their table I hand out the drinks and once everything was situated I took their orders. Going back to the kitchen, I place it on the line then bust other tables that I've worked on. 

_  

It's eight forty-three and I'm the only server left. Cleaning up and collecting my tips, I bust down another table when I hear Reagan call my name. A guy with a blue hoodie walks in through the doors 

"Hey we have a party of one, do you want to take this one?" She asks me grabbing a menu and silverware. 

"Sure, I'll be there in a minute." I tell her as I put the dishes in the washing machine before heading back to the table. 

Going over to the front, I exhort the guy to table 7. Placing a menu and silverware down as he takes a seat. 

"Hi I'm Magnolia and I'll be your server for today, can I start you off with anything to drink?"

The guy is silent for a second as he looks down at the drinks on the menu. 

"How does a Holden Blue sound?" he replies 

His voice is familiar as I process what he just said. 

"I'm sorry sir, what did you say?" I ask him to repeat himself.

"I said," the man starts before he looks up exposing the once fugitive Johnathan Booker Routledge. "How does a Holden Blue sound." smiling.

Shocked at first, I can't believe he's in Holden Beach. I wonder if he knows he's been on the news for charges against him. I'm also curious as to how he found Holden Beach. 

"John B," I whisper looking around to see that Reagan as already clocked out. "What are you doing here?"

He smiles before shaking his head. "I wanted to see you. I've been in Holden for about...two days? Brought the HMS POGUE down and stayed in the canals. Just tied off to an empty dock and slept. Also did you know your prissy grandmother pressed charges on me?"