𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐘 | 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 - ✔

Spifey - Lost

The leaves crunched beneath your feet as you trudged through the woods with a heavy heart and a frown permanently etched across your face.

You had just gotten into a fight with you best friend, George. The first fight the two of you had ever had, and it was over something so ridiculously stupid, that you wondered if the fight had ever really taken place. If it was just something your mind had made up, or if it had been a dream. It was real, though, and you hated that.

You had met a guy, a fairly attractive one named James, who was always dressed in a fancy suit and tie and the brown hair in his head sat correctly, not a single strand of hair not obeying to how it had been done in the morning. Captivating dark eyes, that left all of his life stories to the imagination, and a mysterious aura surrounding him. On some levels, you thought he reminded you of George, if not for the fancy suit and tie, and the slick hair. Maybe that was why you had said yes when James had asked you out.

Maybe that was why George had gotten mad. James reminded you of him, so of course you had said yes when he asked you out. Maybe the resemblance between James and George was what had pissed him off. You were best friends, you weren't supposed to be attracted towards one another, you had thought. Maybe that's why he was mad.

Or maybe you were just oblivious to the obvious, and the fact that George had been in love with you for as long as he could remember, because you had no idea why he had suddenly lashed out at you, when you thought he was actually invested in the rant about James you had going on.

It was always the two of you. You and George. Together, against the world, with no one else to help each other through tough things. He didn't want that to change. He didn't want you to meet a guy better than him, even if he knew you deserved it. He felt as if he wasn't good enough, and hearing you talk about James with that special glint in your eyes felt like a knife to his heart. No, scratch that, it felt like 100 knives to his heart.

If only he knew the many times you had gushed about him like that to Zak, with that certain glint in your eyes.

It hurt George, seeing you kissing James by the door as he had dropped you off at home from your fourth date earlier. It hurt him, every single world you told him about James. It hurt him, seeing you that happy with somebody that wasn't himself.

If only he knew how hard you were trying to get over him by meeting somebody else. Because you thought the same exact thing as him: I'm not good enough for him.

You had no idea how long you had been walking through the woods. You weren't even sure how you got out here in the first place, and that you had been walking in circles, but darkness was falling upon you and the stars had started their twinkling above you. The moon peeked through some of the leaves on the trees above you, and it shone down on a small pond that was located in the deep woods. It made the water twinkle as well. Like the stars.

After you ran out of the apartment shared with George, Harvey and Zak, your feet all-but carried you wherever they wanted to go as you let your thoughts run loose. You had even considered calling James to come pick you up, but now, you couldn't help but be annoyed with the resemblance he had to George. You didn't think you could even look at his face without bursting into tears.

James didn't have to know that you had imagined George sitting there, across from him on the fancy restaurant on your first date. Or when he had kissed you for the first time. Or when you had kissed him by the entrance to your apartment earlier. He didn't have to know that every time you looked at him, all you saw was George. That you liked George, and not him. But you couldn't keep imagining your best friend as the guy you were dating, and had in the heat of the moment deleted James' contact information from your phone earlier, as you speed-walked down the street.