CH-12

"Why did you slap me Saavi? ", Chandan asked, his eyebrows forming a V over nose, which indicated that he was angry. " And how dare you try to make my brother alcoholic?", replied Saavi; her jaws were clenched. "Oh c'mon! He is a grown up man now. You don't need to worry about him. It's his choice, if he wants to drink, he can!", said Chandan, in a obvious way. "Exactly! He doesn't want to drink and you're forcing him to drink!", argued Saavi.

"This is NOT A PARTY! I am going back home! Goodbye Raj!", he shrugged and went to his house.

"Saavi, you upset him!", Raj said, his eyes downcast. He felt as if he lost his friend, the friend who was as upset as he was and had a very terrifying past. He felt guilty about Chandan, who would've felt insulted. 

Chandan had ego, he never let go of it. His ego was something that develops in people who belong to a very rich family. But, this was not the reason he was egoist and selfish. His sister was the only person he ever cared about, but now, that he lost his sister, he lost the habit of caring about someone. He did care about Raj, but a little bit. 

Raj and Saavi went to their house. 

It was night time. Raj was thinking about Chandan. 

Maybe he's drinking now. Chandan was wrong, but I feel bad, because he got insulted by none other than his best friend's sister., he thought. He wanted to apologize and hug him, so that Chandan would forget about the party. 

He was not able to sleep that night, his thoughts moving around Chandan. But he had college the next day and it was midnight. He wanted to walk and feel some fresh air. After a couple of minutes of trying to force himself to sleep, he got and went towards the stairs which led to the terrace. 

"You are not a woman Preeti, you are a witch! ", came a voice from a room and this was a very familiar voice. Raj noticed this. He moved closer to the door of that room. " And your father is a dickhead. Before he died, he got you married to me because I am a chartered accountant. But he didn't notice that you are such a SLUT ", the voice got sharper. " The day Raj was born, I was the happiest. But then you gave birth to a daughter, you disrespected me! Why didn't you give me another son! And then, I told you to abort her, but your mother begged me not to get her aborted, so I didn't. Saavi is not my daughter, you hear that, she is not my daughter! ", he continued. 

After that, Raj heard some screams, they were very shrill and belonged to a woman, as if someone was biting and abusing her physically.