CH-24

Even though Raj was drunk, he still remembered what Chandan told him. 

As Raj was busy with his hospital duties for the entire week, he was not able to meet Chandan. He was sober for that week, of course.

He was one of the best doctor in his hospital. He was stressed, but he loved his work more than anything. After all, he had done so much of hardwork to get into the medical field as a doctor. And the hospital was the best in the whole city. The most overrated hospital, actually. But Sonia, who was a neurologist, was the busiest. She had avoided her sleep totally. Raj at least got some sleep for 4 or 5 hours, sometimes, for like 2 hours.

The dark circles were darker than ever. But, he couldn't avoid his work at all. The heart patients of his hospital loved him the most, because he was sweet to them. He understood their problems very well. He also formed bonds with some of his patients. He used to become emotional when his patients died.

He was a very sensitive person, but his addiction to alcohol and drugs made him a different person, who lost his innocence and beauty. But he was far away from being like Chandan Raichand. 

At last, he came back home. His way of walking showed that he was tired and wanted some sleep. He rushed to the shower. After the shower, he felt relaxed as ever. It was a long-hot water shower. He came out of his room to the hall and saw his Dad. It was almost midnight.

His dad was sitting on a chair. 

Chandan was right, he needs to die, he thought.

"Won't you sit with me?", Harshvardhan asked. Raj looked back at him, pretending that he didn't listen to what he said.

"Why don't you come and sit with me?", Harshvardhan asked again. He motioned him to sit beside him. 

Raj was angry on him. But, he nodded and sat on the chair beside his Dad.

"How was the day?", he asked. "Pretty tiring.", Raj replied, exhausted.

"Do you want to drink?", Harshvardhan asked, smiling. Raj was puzzled.  

"It's fine. You're not underage anymore. You are thirty now.", Harshvardhan said. "No. I don't want to drink.", Raj said, shrugging. 

"As you wish. But can you sit beside me?", Harshvardhan asked. "Okay.", he replied.

Harshvardhan started to drink. Raj was tempting for a drink. But, he controlled his temptations.