CH-17

"Where's Raj, Saavi?", Preeti asked Saavi. 

"He went to the library.", she told.

"But it's so late...", Preeti said, with concern.

It was 9 in the evening and Raj had told that he was going to the library for some work, but he didn't return. Both Saavi and Preeti were worried. 

9...4...2...5....3........., She dialled Sonia's phone number. She told Sonia to search for Raj as Saavi had some homework.

Sonia searched for him in the library, parks and every place where he went for a walk. She was unable to find him. 

She even asked all his friends about his whereabouts. Till now, she didn't get a positive answer. 

He's got one more friend,  Sonia thought, referring to Chandan.

She didn't know Chandan's exact address, but after asking to some of the classmates on the phone, she reached Chandan's house.

She rang the bell.

Chandan opened the door. "Yes?"

"Is Raj here?", Sonia asked. Generally, she loves to greet people, but Chandan was a different case. 

"Oh yes! He is here. Come inside.", he said. Sonia went inside. Chandan Raichand was rich, and his house was beautiful. Pictures of their ancestors on the walls, the sofa and the chairs were nicely arranged, the hall was very big, the curtains were beautiful and the tiles on the floor reflected everything without blurring which showed that the house was clean.

But for Sonia, this was nothing to be fascinated as she was rich herself. Her house was somewhat different, being a lot modern.

"Raj is in my room, upstairs", he said. She climed the stairs and found Chandan's room. She opened the door. The room was cold, due to the AC. And there was Raj, but his expressions were strange.

"Thank god! You're here! And why didn't you tell your sister that you're at Chandan's house?", she asked.

"Oh WeLcOmE Sonia! Can you tell me where am I?", he asked. She was puzzled. Then she suddenly saw that!

"You are drunk Raj!", she said, not believing the bottles she saw near the bed.

"AND I LOVE TO DANCE!", Raj was dancing around like a mad man. 

She pulled him and got him inside her car. She called Saavi. "I am so sorry, Saavi. All this evening, I was in the park. After the library, Raj got to my house for our project. It will take some time for the project, we have to submit tomorrow. So tonight, he'll be at my house. Is it fine?", she asked. "Its fine! Thanks for finding him.", Saavi replied.

She took him to her house because she didn't want his family members to know that he was drunk.

"WHY ARE WE BACK TO CHANDAN'S?", he asked, drunk.

"This is my house, not Chandan's!", she told him, frustrated.

"So this is my room. You can stay here for this night. I'll adjust the AC.", she instructed and adjusted the AC to the desired temperature.

He is looking pathetic, she thought.

"Sonia, I AM NOT BREAKING MY FRIENDSHIP WITH HIM.", he said, in an angry tone.

"FINE!", she yelled. She was giving him the blanket.

"AND I DON'T LIKE YOU. YOU ARE NOT FRIENDLY ANYMORE. YOU JUST LOVE TO MAKE EXCUSES ABOUT YOU PARENTS GETTING DIVORCED AND LOVE TO ACT PATHETIC. YOU'RE FAKE. I DON'T DESERVE YOU.", he said

Sonia was petrified. 

"RANJEET IS A BASTARD. HE MAKES YOU FEEL MORE PATHETIC.", he continued and fell asleep.

She had never expected such harsh words from Raj's mouth.