CH-10

"Thank you so much, Ranjeet! You are so sweet! ", said Sonia, get out of Ranjeet's car. They both bid each other goodbyes and Sonia went inside her college. 

"Who was that, Sonia?", asked a fellow medical student who was just passing by. "That's none of your businesses!", she shrugged and went into the class. "Hey!", Sonia greeted Raj, who was sitting on a bench, reading his notes. Raj didn't respond. This was unintentional. "Okay, fine. I am going to sit next to you. How far can you go with this ignorance game!", she said sarcastically and sat down near him.

The class had started now. They were being taught about bones. 

Ring Ring

It was Sonia's phone. She was feeling embarrassed about it, but she knew who had called her in the middle of her classes. "I am so sorry, Sir. It's something important. I'll have to pick it up.", Sonia apologized. The teacher nodded. She went out of the classroom.

"What's your problem, mom? I was in the middle of my lectures!", she said out of frustration. Her Mom was on the phone. "I am so sorry, honey. But I've had enough! I hate your Dad, now.", her mother replied. "Mom! You literally disturbed me!", she said. "I am sorry. But what should I do now?", her mother asked. "Just get out of the house and drive to your favourite restaurant! And now I am switching off my phone! If you have any issue, then you can text me. Alright?", Sonia said handling her mother. "Thanks, love! Bye!", her mother replied back. Sonia got back to her class.

It was the break time now. "Sonia, who called you in the middle of the lecture?", Raj asked her. "MY mom", Sonia replied, her face hung low. "And why did she disturb you like that?", he asked. "Oh, that's nothing.", she lied. Raj was able to read her face and he knew that she was distressed. "C'mon! Tell me!", he said. "Alright... So my mother and father... they both actually.... will be getting divorced, because they are tired of each other and there are many issues, like my father being greedy about his money. Mom is nothing like him, but he's just so after money. I don't know how to deal with that. He never thinks about mom.", she explained, literally emotional. 

"Even, they don't drive me to college sometimes, so I get Ranjeet to drive me to the college.", she further said. " I am so sorry about your parents. But can you tell me, who's Ranjeet?", he asked. "Ranjeet... Ranjeet Bhatia is my friend.", she said. "And what does he do?", he asked. "He's an aspiring lawyer.", she replied. 

"There's actually a good news!", Raj said. "What's that?", Sonia asked. "Saavi got a job at the Starbucks'!", he said. " Wow! That's great! So when are you celebrating?", she asked, with happiness in her eyes. "Today! Will you come to Starbucks at 5? That will be a simple celebration. And you can bring Ranjeet too!", he said. "I'll come, for sure! Thank you.", she said. She was happy, a little bit.