CH-27

Sonia cooked the dinner. Saavi arranged the plates. Chandan poured water in the glasses. 

"Here comes the BUTTER CHICKEN!", Sonia said happily. The aroma of butter chicken was mouth watering. 

"I am starving!", Saavi screamed. Sonia and Chandan brought the happiness back. Even Chandan didn't drink or smoke.

Saavi brought her mother to the table. Preeti was fond of eating and so was Saavi.

"Mom, look at the butter chicken!", she introduced her Mom to the dinner. 

Preeti didn't respond. "Mrs. Malhotra, I made this for you!", Sonia said after a pause, wearing the same kind smile again, which was missed all these years.

"Thank you, Sonia. But I am full.", Preeti said, she was weak. 

Sonia and Saavi tried to made Preeti eat, but they failed. Even Santosh couldn't help them. 

Finally, Chandan spoke. "I know your husband is no more. But your daughter and your son are alive. And they want to see you being happy and confident. This is the time to be sad, but now, if we stay strong as a family, then probably, we can make the times better."

Preeti was processing this in her mind. She nodded and started to eat the Butter chicken.

This was definitely a new side of Chandan. He could easily convince anyone.

----------------------------

That night when Saavi, Sonia and Chandan were there together in Saavi's room, they called the Police department to ask about Raj.

"He will stay in the jail, unless he's proven innocent."

Saavi's head hung low. "Saavi! Stop crying.", Sonia tried to stop her, gently.

She was not stopping. "Sonia, she won't stop. She's a crybaby after all.", Chandan said.

"I am not, you jackass!", Saavi finally stopped crying and was laughing.

"So what do we do now?", she asked. "As far as I know, we need to prove him innocent.", Chandan replied.

"And how do we prove him innocent?", she asked, further. 

"We will go to the court!", Sonia replied. "Brilliant!", Saavi replied.

"And we need a lawyer.....", Chandan said. "Ranjeet! Ranjeet, my friend, is a lawyer.", Sonia said happily.