CH-19

"Mom, take care of yourself. You get hurt everyday.", Saavi said, referring to her Mom's recent injury on her hands.

Raj knew the reason she got injured. It was because of the domestic violence. 

"Excuse me.", he said, getting up from the dinner table.

He went to his room, leaned to the wall. He could feel his mother's pain. She lied about her injuries, but her eyes didn't. Her eyes were screaming, exposing the truth. He was not feeling good. He started to bang the wall with his fist. It did hurt him, but he didn't mind that.

"Raj...um..", Saavi saw him.

He looked at her. "Why are you so angry?", she asked. "Oh.. nothing.. nevermind.", he said, covering the truth. She had never seen such a rage in his eyes. "Are you sure?", she asked again. "Totally.", he replied, giving a fake smile.

-------

Saavi was awake that night. Her mind thinking about Raj's rage. He was always cool. She knew that he had some problem. She needed to know his problem.

Her door was opened and she saw Raj getting out of his room. She followed him. He stared at his parents' room's door angrily. Saavi didn't understand anything. He got to the balcony. She followed him.

"What's wrong with you?", she said. "Wh-what?", he looked puzzled.

"What's wrong? Do you have a problem?", she asked. Her eyes were searching for the truth.

"It's nothing. I was just wondering about a patient.", he lied.

"Tell me the truth!", she ordered him.

"Saavi, I am not lying", he lied again.

"You are lying! Your eyes can give me clues.", she said.

"It's nothing. I swear. Dad promise.", he said, like a kid.

"Why are you lying and giving a Dad promise? Do you want to hurt dad?", she asked.

"I do", he actually thought and it slipped off his tongue.

He started to cry.. and told everything about his mom getting abused and his dad abusing her and that he hates Saavi. She was taken aback, crying.

--------------

Raj's mental health was not good the following days. He had anxiety attacks, some crying for hours and feeling loneliness. Saavi had noticed all this for years and now she knew what she had to do.