17: You Can Kiss My Ass Instead, George

Back in the office, Frank felt so much better about himself. Yes, he had worried when Gerard had handed over his card in the tailors, forking out far too much money for Frank and his appearance. Who just goes out and buys their assistant two brand new suits? Apparently, Gerard did, and Frank hadn't been able to do anything about it unless he wanted to be told he was ungrateful. He was very grateful because now he didn't have to worry about looking like an idiot and having his new coworkers talking about him and his bad dress sense.

At least, what Frank had been wearing was currently contained in a suit-bag and hidden out of view as he waltzed back into the office with Gerard. He was wearing one of the suits that Gerard had bought him, the other he was carrying in another bag, slung over his shoulder. He had a smile on his face because people weren't going to mock him behind his back over his boyfriend's clothes. They were probably going to talk about how Gerard disappeared off with him and then an hour later he's back, dressed smartly and appropriately for the job. They could talk all they liked. Frank thought he looked fucking awesome in his brand new suit. He followed Gerard as he walked into his office. The first person to see Frank in his new suit was Derek. He did a double-take when he saw Frank, barely recognizing him for a split-second because the red blazer had gone and the orange waistcoat had gone, and he actually looked like he was a part of the office now. Frank walked over to his desk, smiling at Derek.

"Before you get too comfortable," Gerard piped up from the doorway of his office, making Frank swivel round in his chair to look at him, "I need you to sort out some filing for me."

"Okay, sir," Frank nodded, getting up to follow Gerard into his office. He waited whilst Gerard went through everything on his desk, stacking up what he wanted to be put away. While he was doing that, Frank took it upon himself to admire the suit he was wearing, "Can I just say, I'm beyond grateful for this."

"I'm glad that you appreciate it," Gerard spoke as he sat down in his chair, going through one of his drawers in his desk. Frank waited, fiddling with the blazer of his suit. He unbuttoned it, scoping out the inside because it was surprisingly soft. The whole thing was unbelievably comfortable and a perfect fit.

Frank stopped for a second, "Hey, you know this has pockets on the inside?"

Gerard looked up at Frank and saw the look on his face, like a small child who had just been given a new toy. He smiled, chuckling softly before he answered, "Yes, I did, Frank."

His old suit didn't have pockets on the inside. They had been sewn up because it was cheap. The knock-off suit really was nothing against this new one and Frank didn't even want to consider how much it had set Gerard back. Probably not much, but to Frank, it was a hell of a lot.

"Did you know the shirt is proper cotton, sir?" Frank added, running his hand over his shirt, smiling because he swore that he had never owned an item of clothing that was this high-quality before.

"I did, indeed," Gerard answered him, going back to looking through his drawers as he added papers to the steadily-growing stack.

"Did you know the belt is proper leather, too?"

"I should sure hope so, boy," Gerard smiled at him after he found what he was looking for, straightening it up with a few taps on his desk before he held it out for Frank, "Now, I need these filed if you please."

"Of course, sir," Frank buttoned his blazer back up before taking the papers that Gerard was holding out for him.

"Also," Gerard carried on, making Frank spin on his feet to face him, "Are you free later?"

"Why?" Frank asked. He knew what day it was and that if Gerard was going to ask him to work overtime tonight, then he was going to have to decline. It was Tuesday and date night; Ryan wouldn't be impressed if Frank ditched him for working late. Not that Frank minded if it meant that he got to spend more time with Gerard.