25: Turning Up to Work Looking like You Buttered the Biscuit

Frank stood in the kitchen at work that Tuesday, staring at nothing, his eyes completely unfocused, while he waited for his coffee to be ready. Frank had his mug set on the counter, waiting patiently for there to be enough coffee for him to pour out, he was irritated. Generally irritable to be perfectly honest, but he was trying not to let that show. He was at work and he knew not to bring personal-life to work, even if a part of his personal life now tied itself to a certain someone in the office.

"Morning," Frank heard, snapping out of his thoughts to see Derek walking into the kitchen. He smiled, not really in the mood for conversations today, he couldn't let it show either. He went to stand near the coffee machine, hoping and praying to God that Derek wasn't going to attempt to take any coffee before him, "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good," Frank lied, he knew that it was easier to tell Derek that he was okay rather than going into why he hadn't wanted to get out of bed this morning. Avoiding it and partially going into denial was so much easier. He smiled at Derek, hiding the truth, Frank grabbed the pot, pouring the caffeinated elixir into his coveted 'Indiana Jones' mug.

"Good weekend?" Derek asked, going through the usual Monday morning work place chit chat that he always did, except he was doing it on a Tuesday, having had the day off yesterday. Frank was used to this though. It was like general office banter everywhere.

"Yeah," Frank nodded, sipping on his coffee, thankful for the caffeine he was now putting into his body. And the answer was done; the morning ritual of questioning was complete and everyone could go about their business now.

"I guessed you'd probably had a good weekend after I saw you on Saturday morning," Derek spoke idly, pouring himself a coffee into his plain green mug. Frank looked at him with a frown, trying his best to feign confusion. It had to be a complete coincidence that Derek was mentioning the morning after a night where Frank had had sex with his boss. Derek was just making conversation; he wasn't onto anything at all, "You looked wrecked but way too floaty and happy. Turning up to work in the same clothes I saw you in on Friday."

Frank's cheeks went bright pink. Frank had remained on cloud nine for the majority of Saturday, his sore ass being the reminder of Gerard fucking him. He didn't think that anyone would notice when he turned up in the same black pants, white shirt, and suspenders combo that he wore on Friday. Frank shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, come on," Derek gave Frank a knowing look, not falling for the bullshit answer he had been given, "It was so obvious, I just didn't want to mention it in front of Gerard or anyone else."

Frank blushed, looking away from Derek, hoping that he really wasn't that easy to read on Saturday morning. Gerard had been completely unreadable, dressed sharply in a suit as usual; he didn't look like he had just rolled out of bed after sex. Frank, however, must have looked questionable if Derek 'Mary Jane' Zanetti had picked up on it.

"So, a good night was had, huh?" Derek winked at him, making Frank look away, trying to hide the blush that gave away his answer. Of course, it had been a good night. The day had started off good, too, but it was just the shit that got sandwiched in between that brought Frank down. Gerard however had been the perfect distraction: the perfect and irresistible sex God that Frank had had between his thighs. His whole view on sex had been completely ripped apart and pieced back together in a whole new way. Frank had never known about the wonders of being a bottom, just how good it felt to actually receive instead of giving. Gerard had shone a whole new light onto Frank that left him speechless and completely taken aback.

"It was alright." Frank shrugged casually, trying not to give away how fucking peachy he was over what had happened.

"So, you and lover-boy rekindled the romance?" Derek suggested, making Frank frown at his words, his head jerking back as he swallowed a harsh sip of coffee.