Chapter 21

"I don't get what you're saying." I replied. She only smiled to my response, with a shake of the head.

"It's exactly as I said before, who are you?" She laid her head on her arm that was resting on the table.

"I am Jody." I replied. It's not completely wrong. My name was Jody. Now that I think about it, I can't even remember much. I know the story line that I am in, but I can't remember much about myself. I've been living, what? Sixteen, Seventeen years here. It's normal to forget that stuff, but at the same time it's strange, it's the only thing that really helped me survive in this world. Well, if I didn't know, maybe I wouldn't have gotten involved with the main story line at all.

I can't deny I've changed the story, I have, a lot.

"What was your real name?" She sighed. I felt irked, that was my real name.

"That is my real name." I glared.

"No, ugh I mean your real name before you were reborn." She frowned and scoffed at my apparent stubbornness.

"My name is and was Jody." I nodded.

"Ohhhhh, silly me." She laughed, smacking herself on the forehead.

"What do you want from me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Hmmm I don't know. I guess I just decided I needed to talk to you about this." She smiled. Why is she acting so normal?

"You acted so normal as we were children. Why did that change?" I suddenly ask. By her expression, she seemed to contemplate her reply.

"Let me see, how do I describe this?" She frowned and rubbed her temples. "I didn't know I was reborn until sometime after that tea party. I just woke up and realized that I am in a fictional world."

"Why did you continue to play with Leonel if you knew the ending?" I frowned.

"I didn't want to change the story." She shrugged, earning a scoff from me.

"You can't say you didn't have the same intention as I." She continued, crossing her arms.

"What do you mean?" I raised a brow.

"You didn't want to get involved with the main characters either, you didn't want to mess with the story, even though you knew how it would end." I hated to admit it, but she has a point. In the beginning I had no intention of stepping in, even if Leon faced such an unfortunate end.

"It's to no use anyways." She mumbled, resting her head in her hand.

"What- what do you mean?" I ask.

"You've changed the story anyways, though you'll claim it wasn't your intention, you changed the story fully." She smiled, almost sadly. "You set up Cordell and Ivy, you even have two people kissing at your feet. I don't know how you did it, but I applaud you anyways. Such a plain girl, it's really a miracle." She giggled. "I apologize, I'm not used to being so...nice." I won't deny it. I have noticed the affection I have gotten from both Leon and Simeon. I truly wholeheartedly don't deserve either, and they deserve better. I am a nothing but a mess.

"I wasn't a very popular girl in my past life." Elisabeth mumbled.

"I was bullied, a lot. In a way to cope with that, I became a bully myself. I didn't have a good life and next thing I know I picked on one too many people who had too many connections and was killed." She sighed, "I know that doesn't excuse me whatsoever, but when I found out my life was set in stone, a good life, where I am literally the main character, sounded nice to me."

"So you were pretty young when you died?" I asked, almost hesitantly, like it could still be a sore spot.

"I was a teen, around the age we are now, what is it, 16 or 17, I don't know." She laughed lightly with a small smile.

"To be honest, I really did like Leon. I just became too possessive, and honestly, well, to put it roughly, a bitch."

"Dear lord, I was terrible. I didn't even realize I liked him until he was gone." She shoved her face in her hands. I felt my heart hurt at her words. Am I seriously sympathizing with her? She's been nothing but terrible to me.

I can't fully forgive her for what she's done, but it's not any better to hold a grudge I suppose.

"I was too caught up in that act of living my life by having two hot guys to my disposable and living without a care in the world. I didn't care for what I realize really mattered to me." She muttered, taking her head out of her hands.

"I-It's not too late!" I found myself blurting.

"What?" She gasped, turning her head towards me.

"Leon, it's not too late." I mumbled.

"What? No, I can't do that! I've been an ass and I see the way you two look at each other." She gasped.

Do we look at each other a certain way? I convinced myself at one point I liked him, but do I really? Same with him, does he really like me or is it just that he's convincing himself he does.

It was like a one time romance. Most people had multiple boyfriends or girlfriends until they found the right one. He was my first, crush, but does that really mean we are meant to be?

On the other hand, Elisabeth was Leon's first crush, but does that make them truly meant to be? Leon even seems to constantly not be able to make up his mind if he is over her or not. Is he just programmed that way, or is there more to it?

Maybe I am just over complicating things...

"I can see you are thinking about this very seriously." She laughed lightly, looking into the distance.

"I was buffering." I laughed.

"It's so good to hear something that others here won't get." She smiled, before frowning, "What about Simeon?"

"What about him?" I replied.

"He obviously likes you, and you tend to either tease him or get bashful around him." She isn't wrong again. It's obvious he's shown me affection, but I think my mind has been focused around Leon too much to even consider Simeon.

He's not even a main character, so I could be peaceful with him and not have to worry about outside drama, but would I be using him?

Maybe I am overthinking again.