13.

Octavia's hand shook until it finally fell from her cheek, sleep overwhelming her

Octavia's hand shook until it finally fell from her cheek, sleep overwhelming her. Connie had informed her when she woke that morning that Adam and Augustus hadn't dropped her off at the room until 4am. That meant she only had 4 hours of sleep to recover from her head injury, her concussion, a hockey game she got her ass handed to in and few hours of practice afterwards.

Miss McKay went to wake the sleeping girl until Dwayne held a hand out. She stepped back confused but noticed Luis and Guy dead asleep as well.

"You can wake those two but not Octavia. Captain blood kept her practicing until 4am." Charlie informed her while yawning.

As if on queue, Jessie's head slammed on the desk, signaling he was unconscious as well.

"Captain Blood?" She questioned the boy.

"Coach Bombay. He had no right to do what he did to her." Adam clentched his jaw and looked to the sleeping girl.

A new bandage was on her stiches but her under eyes were dark from exhaustion. Deep purple bruises covered her body and she was definitely weak from the beat down Iceland and Bombay gave her.

"That's it. You're all going home and sleeping for the rest of the day. Practice is canceled today." Miss McKay instructed while gently shaking Luis awake.

"But we have a game tomorrow." Julie stated, earning nods from her conscious team members.

"You'll never win if you don't rest up. Octavia needs it the most. Someone carry her back to her room but be gentle. And make sure she takes her medication later." The teacher instructed while shaking Jessie awake. She worried about the injured girl, seeing how Gordon had acted the past days they were in L.A.

Fulton stood up to grab the girl but Adam stopped him. "I've got her. You get Connie." He pointed to the sleeping girl in the back beside her boyfriend.

Adam picked up the girl and trudged back to the hotel, making sure he didn't wake her from her slumber. Since Julie was the only room member awake, she opened the door for him and let him inside.

Adam gently placed the girl he had feelings for down and covered her with the bedsheets. "Make sure she takes her medicine when she wakes up. She needs as much as possible before tomorrow's game."

"She doesn't even need to be playing." Julie stated, looking at the shape of the girl.

"Try telling her that."

He took one last look at the girl and left the room, headed to his to get some sleep. One person would be in his dreams today and he was happy it was her.
•••••••••••••••

Connie woke her friend at 6:00 to head down to dinner to eat and take her meds. She really didn't want the girl to throw up for taking them on an empty stomach.

The many hours of sleep the girl got did her wonders. Her stitches still throbbed and her head still pounded but it was bearable. Considering it was nighttime, she didn't have to worry about the light but it hadn't really bothered her that morning.

When the trio walked to the cafeteria, they stood in line to get their food and sat down at a table for three.

"You know." Connie started in a hushed voice, still wary of loud noises. "Banks took care of you all last night and all day today. I swear he checked in on you at least 7 times."

"He's my closest friend besides you two. He just wanted to make sure I'm okay. Nothing serious." She responded.

"So it wasn't serious when he was the first to stand for you to coach? He had major nerves to say something last night. I was scared to death of Captain Blood." Julie added.

"Like I said, he's just being a good friend."

"Another topic, same genre. How was your date the other night?" Connie winked making Julie giggle. This time, Octavia blushed.

"It wasn't a date." She informed. "We just went out as friends. Like Julie would with Charlie or Dean. Speaking of Dean. I think he seriously likes you. Kinda freaky."

"He's always angry." She informed. "And I'm always happy. Well most of the time."

"Opposites attract babe." Connie mimicked Deans voice and the three laughed.

"How are you and Guy doing." Julie brought the attention back on Connie.

"Fantastic. Never better. I might marry the boy." She informed, giggling.

"If you marry him, we have to be bridesmaids. If you don't, we won't let you get married." Octavia states while shoving a fry in her mouth.

"Please. You'll be my maid and matron of honor."

"I don't really know those terms." The Russian admitted, blushing from embarrassment.

"It means." Julie started. "I'll be single so I'm the maid and you'll be married to Adam so you'll be the matron."

"Yea yea." Octavia rolled her eyes but secretly liked the thought of that.

They finished their dinner with meaningless conversation, each teasing the others about their love life. The Russian was content with how her life was going so far. She never had any relationships like this back home.

She took her meds and the three headed back to their room to shower and go back to sleep. They would need as much as possible for the following day to come.