20.

Octavia sat on her stool as she pulled her kneepads on

Octavia sat on her stool as she pulled her kneepads on. Dwaye's bag was layed on top of the rest of her pads so she shoved them off with her foot, earning a playful glare. She didn't have to respond before Adam barged in the room yelling for their coach.

"Coach! I woke up and the pain was gone." Adam rotated his injured wrist with his stick and he was able to do it.

The team cheered and Octavia laughed. "The dynamic duo is back baby." Guy shoved her shoulder and she laughed again before all cheers were cut off by their coach.

"Adam, I'm sorry but we already have a full roster." The room went silent as they all looked to Russ. The boy began to take off his jersey but was stopped by Charlie.

"He can have my spot." Whispers moved throughout the team as Charlie walked to his coach and friend.

"It's what I can do for the team. Him and Octavia are unmatched together. Let me do it." He insisted. Adam's placed his hand on his best friends shoulder and gave him a small smile.

"Charlie, I need you on the bench. Coaching right there with me." Bombay handed him a clipboard and the locker room erupted in claps and cheers.

Adam placed his bag down and hurried to get dressed. His eyes met Octavia's and he beckoned her over. She yanked on her chest pads and stepped for the boy.

"We're back for good now, alright?" He pulled on his kneepads.

"Alright." She smiled and hit his arm, stepping back to her locker to finish getting ready. This was the biggest game of her life and she intended on winning it.
••••••••••••

Team USA stood in the box as Bombay gave them a pep talk. "Head high, stand tall. Fly straight, USA..."

"All the way!" The team finished, cheering as Bombay listed off who was on the ice first.

"I want Guy, Jessie, Averman, Connie, Portman and Goldberg. Let's go!"

The 6 headed for the center of the ice as Averman took the face off. The boy was instantly shoved to the ground as Iceland stole the puck. Iceland passed the puck to one another until a player shot it behind Goldberg. Dean gained control but was shoved into the glass, the puck back in Iceland's hand. Gunner Stahl shot the puck but was saved by Goldberg. Unfortunately, an Iceland player tripped Goldberg and another managed to score, making it 1-0.

"It's alright. We'll get that one back." Bombay shouted to the players. Sanderson, an Iceland player, skated up to Goldberg and taunted him, Goldberg ending up getting held back.

"Line change!"

Augustus, Jessie, Fulton, Guy, and Russ were now on the ice but before Russ could do anything, he was pinned against the boards. Russ finally managed to get the puck was took to long to shoot before an Iceland player stole it. Octavia groaned as Iceland scored again, making it 2-0.