18.

Team USA stood in the box waiting for the game to begin

Team USA stood in the box waiting for the game to begin. The Russian team stood eyeing the Arsov twins and they couldn't help but feel uncomfortable.

"I feel like we're betraying them." Augustus spoke for her.

"Me too but we just have to remember our loyalties." She responded, patting her brother on the back.

"First out, I want the twins and Charlie at center ice. Connie and Dwayne, you two at defense. Goldberg, you're in the net." Bombay instructed.

The twins went to jump over the boards but two hands shoved them backwards. "Remember who's side you're on." Jessie sneered.

"They know, Jessie. You don't have to do this everytime our players are familiar with the other team." Adam stepped in front of them.

Jessie only rolled his eyes and sat down. Octavia thanked the blond while jumping on the ice.

"It's not the same without you." She knocked his shoulder.

"Then make sure to score for me too." He smiled, pushing her towards the action. She nodded and skated off to brace herself against the Russian player, ready for the game to begin.
•••••••••••••••

Charlie passed the puck to Octavia, who ducked under Val's legs and sidestepped away from the other Russian player. She used her speed to spin past another player and shot the puck at the goalie. It hit the goalies arm but the force pushed him back, the puck moving a few inches inward. The alarm blared and Octavia was net with hugs and high-fives.

"Not loyal my zhopa." She muttered under her breath earning a look of approval from her brother.
(Ass)
••••••••••••••

It was the second period and the score was now tied 1-1. Augustus took the face off and won the puck, shooting it to his sister. She managed to dodge her opponents and shoot it back to her brother who had out skated the others. He shot the puck towards the goal and the alarm blared, signaling team USA was now up.

"Arsov's! Change it up!" Bombay called them from the bench. The two skated over and were soon replaced by Fulton and Kenny.

"Good shot, August." Adam slapped the boy on the shoulder. Octavia took off her helmet and chugged some water.

"You've gotta score for me now." The blond bent down and whispered in the girls ear.

"Trust me. I've got it covered." She winked and swallowed another mouthful of water.
•••••••••••••••

There was only a minute and 25 seconds left in the third quarter and the score was still 2-1. Octavia had the puck and was going to score but was flanked by three Russians. She passed the puck out to Russ before the girl was thrown into the boards.

As she laid on the ground, the alarm blared and Russ pumped his fists in the air. The alarm signaling the end of the game blared over the loudspeakers and the players on the ice all welcomed Russ into a giant hug with slaps on the backs.

Octavia met Jessies eyes and was going to stay something smart but he only nodded in approval. She assumed this meant he was cool with the twins now after they won it for the American team.

"You guys did it!" Bombay slapped the twins on the back. The crowd dispersed and Octavia felt a tap on the shoulder.

"Val." She smiled at the boy.

"Great game, O. You've come a long way since I've seen you last." He complimented.

"You have too." She nodded back.

Before she knew it, he had leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. When he pulled away, he was smiling. "Try to come back okay? We've all missed you."

"I'll try." She promised. He touched the small bandage on her head and gave her a look of disapproval, which she ignored. When he finally skated away, she turned to find a pair of blue eyes on her.

Adam looked away and continued to talk to Charlie and a pang of guilt found its way in her stomach. Did he think she was into Val?

An arm spun her around and then engulfed her. "We're top two! We're going against Iceland!" Connie screamed.

"I know!"

Julie skated up and wrapped the two in her arms. "This is gonna be great!" She exclaimed. "The trio is going to dominate against Iceland!"

The other girls laughed but the Russians eyes wandered over to a boy who was trying to engage himself in a conversation with Fulton, Dean and Augustus. He didn't seem into it so he looked away, locking eyes with the brunette. He held them until the team was escorted into the locker room to get cleaned up.
•••••••••••

Octavia pulled her chest pads off as her coach's voice was heard over all the chatter outside. "I told him no visitors but he wanted to congratulate you anyway."

"Dude no way!"

"Oh my god!"

"It's Wayne Gretzky!"

The famous hockey star walked into the locker room as reporters snapped pictures. The team all rushed to shake the man's hand in awe of him standing there in front of them.

"Guys this is the great one!" Charlie announced.

"Oh he's fine." Wayne said, earning laughs from the team.

Bombay made them pose for a picture with the man that would be in all the papers. Octavia was estatic to be standing in front of the man, let alone have his hand on her shoulder.

When he left and the locker room settled, the girl turned to Charlie. "He touched my shoulder!"

"He touched mine too!" He exclaimed, laughing at the girl.

"I don't think I can ever wash this part of my shoulder again" she admitted.

"That's a little gross." Luis admitted.

"Look dude. If a famous hockey player touched YOUR shoulder, would you wash it? That's like ultimate good luck." Fulton came to her backup.

"See!"

"Fine fine. I wouldn't wash mine either." Luis admitted, walking back to his clothes.

"See. I'm the luckiest person in the room right now." She bragged to Adam.

"Yea yea. Go get ur shower koroleva dramy" Adam poked her leg padding. (Drama queen)

She rolled her eyes but laughed as she pulled everything off and ran for the showers to make claims. Adam watched her take off and laughed as she shoved Averman away from last shower, locking the door to claim it.