17.

"That's the way, Guy!" Bombay cheered the boy on as he yanked the stick away from Averman

"O, stop hitting August!" Adam yelled as he watched the brunette slap her brother's helmet to try to take the stick away.

"Go cry to your daddy, Banksy!" She shouted back, shoving the stick into her brothers stomach. He doubled over in pain and she ripped it from his hands, raising it over her head in victory.
••••••••••••

Luis slammed into the cans once again as he failed to stop. Jan cringed but Octavia ripped her helmet off and helped him up.

"That was better! Maybe this time stand up a little straighter to stop the momentum?" She suggested, showing him what she meant.

She realized that wouldn't work when he tripped over his own feet. Three times.

They ended up passing the puck to each other softly and scoring goals. Adam kicked the puck to the girl and she hit it back, trying to get him more involved. She felt awful that he was benched but she knew it would help him in the long run.

"Stop looking so guilty." He brought her out of her daze.

"I dont-"

"Your eyebrows scrunch and you bite you lip when your concentrated. A blind man could see the guilt on your face."

She blushed and looked away, embarrassed at being caught and excited that he paid so much attention to her.

"I'm sorry about telling Bombay." She admitted. "I didn't think he would bench you for good."

"It's okay. If you wouldn't have said anything and I took another hit, my career would be over. You did the right thing, O." He assured, his hand finding hers.

She didn't notice how intimate the moment was until she heard a whistle from behind her. They both jumped away from each other and let go, blushing as Charlie hit Augustus in the ribs.

"Gross." He made a face at his twin but skated away.

Octavia looked back to the blond, taking in how red his face was. She looked away quickly and glared at Charlie. He laughed again but skated away quickly. If he was being honest, she scared him a little.

Octavia skated towards him and shoved her stick into her Charlie's chest, him stumbling back. "I could kill you right now."

"Yea but you won't. I'm precious." He teased, earning an eye roll.

"Be thankful for that."
••••••••••••••••••••••••

The team divided as they all had their afternoon free. The small group Octavia was in was bored out of their mind and had absolutely no idea what to do. She sat on a chair messing with the zipper on her windbreaker. Connie pulled at her knee and the girl kicked away, laughing at the coldness of her fingertips.