**Part 13 - Engagement

*Fully Edited*

Draco's POV

Harry and I were down in Hogsmeade, just walking around and looking into stores.

"Hey, I'm getting hungry. Can we go to the Three Broomsticks for lunch?" Harry asked me.

"Sure. You can go ahead. I need to take a look at something. Just get us a table and I'll be right there," I answered before giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

When I couldn't see Harry anymore, I ran into the next jewellery shop I saw. When I got in the shop, it was full of necklaces, earrings, and rings.

I went to the counter and called out, "is someone there?" almost as soon as I had called out, a small, almost plump woman came into sight.

"Sorry, dear. How can I help you?"

"Well, I'm looking for an engagement ring for my significant other," I answered.

She looked at me for a second, then gasped.

"Oh, Merlin. You're Mr Malfoy, the Veela that has Mr Potter as a mate," she said with a smile on her face and signalled me to follow her before I could answer.

She led me to a room in the back.

"Here are all the classical and not so classical engagement rings. If you find anything, just call out," she said with a wide smile on her face.

I just nodded and started looking around. Most of the rings were just plain, normal gold rings with extremely small stones in all different colours.

Then, I saw the perfect ring. It was a gold ring with a beautiful emerald green stone. It wasn't too big or too small. I could see myself proposing to Harry with that ring, so I called out to the woman who was working there.

"I've found one," she was quick to come back into the room.

When she saw the ring I was looking at, she just smiled.

"This is a good choice, Mr Malfoy," she took the ring out, brought it to the counter, and put it in a little jewellery box.

Then, I paid and walked over to the Three Broomsticks. I saw Harry talking to the waitress. I just walked over with a little jealousy showing on my face. Mostly in my eyes, because they always became bright red when I got even the slightest bit jealous.

"Oh, hey, love. I've been waiting for an hour. What took so long?" Harry asked.

I hadn't realized I had been gone an hour.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I'll tell you later," I just answered with a sorrow-filled voice.

We ate our lunch and then headed back up to Hogwarts, walking hand-in-hand.

Harry's POV

"Don't go to dinner. I have something planned for us. Oh, and dress formally," Draco said almost as soon as we came in through the portrait of our dorm.

I just nodded. I didn't feel like going to dinner anyway. When the time read 6:30 pm, I walked down to our little common room.

It was more of a sitting room with a small dining table, with some chairs around it. Draco had made it all romantic with a cute tablecloth and a couple of candles. The light was dim, but it was enough for us to see well enough around us.

Draco just stood there with a smile on his face. He was dressed in all black dress robes and black dress shoes.

I had a Muggle suit on with a green shirt under the jacket. Draco came to me and kissed my stunned face.

"Do you like it?" Draco asked with hope in his voice.

"Do I like it?! Dray, I love it!" I said enthusiastically.

He pulled out a chair for me and then pushed me closer to the table. He sat down on the opposite side of the small table and just looked at me.

Then, suddenly, food started to appear on our little table and Draco just smiled. I had been smiling the whole time after I had come down the stairs and saw what he had done for me.

"Let's eat," Draco said simply, his voice full of love.

I just nodded. I couldn't say anything. It was all so lovely, the food was amazing, and Draco was so sweet. Then, it got to dessert time.

I saw that Draco was extremely nervous, for some reason. I just shrugged it off, thinking it was just the fact we were going to be graduating from Hogwarts tomorrow.

Then, I saw him fiddling with his fingers and I became worried that something was wrong, so I spoke up.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked with as much love as I could.

He just looked at me, a bit shocked. He hadn't realized his nerves had been showing.

"Harry, I love you more than anything," Draco started, taking in a deep breath before continuing. "I don't know what I'd do without you. You're the sweetest and nicest person I know and I can't believe I'm so lucky that I got you as a mate. I know that what I'm about to ask is crazy because we haven't even been together for a year, yet, but I have to know," he went down on one knee and I lost my breath.

He was proposing to me.

Then, he continued, "Harry James Potter, will you marry me?" he asked, showing me a beautiful gold ring with an emerald that wasn't too big or too small.

I looked at him in shock and started to tear up.

I was quick to answer with a slight, "yes," just before breaking into happy tears.

I fell down to my knees and kissed him with as much passion and love I had in my body. The kiss was soft and sweet, but passionate. Then, he rolled the ring onto my finger and kissed me again.

We were so happy when we went to sleep that night.

Words: 981