**Part 24 - The Birth

*Fully Edited*

Harry's POV

When I woke up, it was around 3 am as I looked at the clock. I was in so much pain I was whimpering my way to the bathroom. Suddenly, I felt something warm run down my thigh.

"MY WATER BROKE!" I screamed, waking Draco up in the meantime.

Draco's POV

I woke up to Harry screaming that his water broke. I was so scared. What if something would go wrong? What if something happened? I couldn't get these questions out of my head.

"Come on and lay down," I said, trying my best to stay calm although I was dying inside.

I decided then and there that I wasn't going to lose Harry of this baby.

I started helping him, telling him to push, and he did as told through it all. I was fighting back my Veela urge to go hug him tight and hold his hand. He was screaming and in so much pain until I was holding a little boy. I went and was going to clean him off when another head popped out.

"It's twins," I said as calmly as I could and Harry looked at me, so tired and scared.

"I can't do it anymore," he said and he had so much pain in his voice.

"Come on, Harry, baby. Just one more good push and it'll all be done," I said.

He pushed and there I stood, holding another little boy. I cleaned them off and handed Harry both of them as he was trying to reach for them. He kissed each boy on the head and then smiled.

"We did this," Harry said.

"No, you did this," I said, smiling at him.

We just sat and cuddled until we fell asleep with the two newborn boys in our arms. The next morning we woke up to two boys screaming at the top of their lungs.

"I'll take this one, you take the other," Harry said, half smiling as he was still so tired.

"We need to find names for them," I said and I looked at Harry, who was changing the boy he held.

"How about Scorpius," Harry said, pointing to the boy I held, "and Albus Severus," he said, pointing to the one he held.

I picked up Scorpius and again.

"They sound lovely," I said, kissing him gently on the lips. "I'll go down and make breakfast. Put them into some cute clothes; mother and father are coming over," I said before walking downstairs.

Harry's POV

When I came down, I saw all the Weasleys, Hermione, and the Malfoys.

"Is this some sort of party?" I asked when I got into the kitchen.

"No, where are they?" Draco said plainly like he hadn't given anyone any information and I just smiled.

"They fell back asleep," I said before kissing Draco on the lips and hugging everyone.

Draco had gotten okay with me hugging people that we knew very well. So basically, only family and really close friends. Then suddenly, we heard two cries from upstairs.

"Come help me with them, Dray?" I asked.

"Of course," he said and as we walked up the stairs, the crying became louder and louder.

We walked down the stairs, me holding Albus Severus and Draco holding Scorpius. Everyone looked up and saw us both holding a baby each.

"It's...twins," Hermione was the first to speak, then everyone crowded around us, wanting to see the two boys.

"Oh, they're so cute!" "What are their names?" was all we heard for a couple of minutes and we didn't say anything until everyone had closed their mouths completely.

"Well, this one here is Albus Severus," I said slowly, holding Albus up a bit.

"And this is Scorpius," Draco said slowly, lifting Scorpius up.

We all sat and everyone had a turn holding each twin. I saw on Draco's face that he didn't really trust anyone with them except for me, although he was being very brave for letting everyone hold both of them.

"I love you," I whispered to him.

"I love you, too," he said, kissing me quickly on the lips.

Draco's POV

I saw that Harry was exhausted after the birth last night and then only a couple of hours of sleep afterwards.

"Hey, why don't you go to bed. I'll put the twins down," I said to him.

"Oh, okay. Is it alright with all of you?" Harry asked the Weasleys and Hermione (my parents had left about 10 minutes ago).

"Of course, harry," Hermione was quick to answer for everyone.

"Goodnight," Harry said while walking upstairs.

"Goodnight," everyone else and I said.

"Mr and Mrs Weasley, would you like to stay the night? We have a spare bedroom you could stay in. I know you're the only ones here that can't apparate and it's late," I said and they just looked at each other, almost shocked.

"Yes, that would be lovely. Thank you, dear," Mrs Weasley said.

"Of course, anytime," I said back at the two Weasleys who were smiling, probably at the thought of not having to fly home tonight.

"We're leaving," Hermione said.

"Okay, bye," I said back.

"Bye," they all said before disapparating away to their respective homes.

"Come on. I'll show you to your bedroom for the night," I said to the two Weasleys that were staying.

They just nodded and walked after me upstairs to a guest bedroom that was fairly comfortable. It could easily fit the two of them in there.

"Thank you, Draco," Mrs Weasley said.

"Thank you. We appreciate it," Mr Weasley then said.

"Of course. Harry would have been upset if I sent you home at this time in the dark," I said back. "Well, goodnight. Make yourselves at home," I said.

"Goodnight, dear," Mrs Weasley said.

I went into mine and Harry's room. The twins were sleeping so peacefully and they were so adorable. I went into the bed and cuddled Harry close to me. He mumbled something I couldn't hear and he buried his face in my chest.

I could hear his faint, little, adorable snores. I lay there, just admiring him before I eventually fell asleep.

Words: 1027