8

TW~ Mentions of rape

"What?" Roman sat there in the hospital bed slightly dazed on meds. They wanted him to take some antidepressants and anxiety meds since he was all over the place but... The moment they brought the pills in Roman freaked. They ended up having to give him some sedation just to calm him down. Emile thought it wise to not force the pills at this time and turned them down. It didn't really help much regardless when Roman was in a dazed and drugged state of calm.

"Remy said he got a hold of Virgil." Roman's eyes narrowed slightly as his eyes just moved a bit in confusion. 

"Why?"

"You asked for him." Roman seemed to understand that at least. His eyes shined with recognition as he smiled a bit. 

"Yeah." Roman glanced over at the door with a doped but hopeful grin. "I... I need him. I need my stormfly." His words were slurred but still easily understood. His smile fell suddenly as tears filled in his eyes. Emile could only smile sadly as he watched his friend start to break down. "Is... Is he c-coming or... I... I need my Stormy. I... I didn't mean to. I didn't want to... he... I hurt him. He won't come. He..."

"He's coming, Ro." Roman's eyes lit up as Emile just nodded. "He told Remy he was on his way."

"HE DID?!" Roman went to get up to, more than likely, run to the door only to fall back and pout. "I feel funny."

"I know." Emile sighed as watched Roman try to shake the haze out of his head for the 4th time since he got the sedation. "It's ok, Roman.

"No... no. I don't like it. I feel off. I don't want to... No. No." Emile jumped up as Roman started to curl into himself. "I don't... Don't like it. Don't..."

"I'll tell the doctors not to give you any more." Roman frowned as he looked up with this confused look. 

"Doct...ors?"

"Yes. Doctors." Roman's eyes narrowed as he swallowed his fear.

"Doctors. Not... Not Erik?"

"Not Erik." Roman slowly uncurled still glancing around as if cautious but still relaxing a bit letting Emile do the same. 

"I'm sorry. I got... I got scared."

"It's ok, Roman." Emile slowly sat back down as Roman stared at the door again as he zoned out.

"Stormfly?" Emile frowned as he turned to see Virgil standing there on the other side of the door. Roman seemed to brighten up instantly. "Stormfly!" 

"Roman, don't." Roman froze eyes wide as he whimpered a bit making Emile cringe. "I just don't want you getting hurt trying to get up ok?" Roman nodded sheepishly as he curled up a bit just staring at the window seeing Virgil turn back to talk to someone. 

"Why isn't he... Emile? Virgil's not coming in. Is... Is he still mad? Does he hate me now because I cheated?" Emile crashed, his mask he had worn this whole time cracking right down the seams. it's really hard to be a doctor with your patient who has become family. 

"Roman, you didn't cheat." Roman just sat there in silence as Emile sighed. "Are you going to be ok by yourself?"

"Are you going to talk to Virgil?" Emile nodded and Roman just laid down. "I'll be ok. Just... please tell him I'm sorry. I really didn't want to."

"I know, kiddo." Emile faltered a bit as he let the door close behind him. His eyes darted up to see Virgil sitting there on the floor with his own blanked out expression. This was not going to be easy. "Virgil?"

"Why is he in the hospital? Why does he look like he's high as a kite?"

"They had to sedate him." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Emile sat down beside him. "He's not doing so well, Virgil."

"You're his doctor. You shouldn't be telling me anything."

"technically speaking... I stopped being his doctor a long time ago." Virgil frowned as he shot the doctor a worried look. "We didn't stop talking about things. He still came to me for help and sessions because I was who he felt most comfortable with but... Since Remy and I started dating and I became friends with all of you... I felt it best I stopped being his... 'doctor' legally. Roman agreed."

"So he hasn't been seeing a therapist?"

"Not as an actual doctor no... But he HAS still been getting help from me as a friend. He didn't just stop seeing someone, Virgil. You know how strongly he felt about getting help to keep your relationship healthy." Virgil glared over at him and Emile tensed with a frown. "Virgil..."

"He cheated on me."

"No... he didn't."

"Yes. He did. I have proof..." Virgil held his phone up making Emile pale.

"The pictures..."

"And the video." Virgil growled only noticing after that Emile had started to tear up. "What?"

"Virgil... That wasn't proof of him cheating." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Emile glanced over at the door. "Roman was raped."

"What?" Emile nodded as he stared at his hands. "What do you mean..."

"Logan and Remus called me saying that Roman had shown up a complete mess. He was distraught and panicked. They said no one could touch him and most of the time if he wasn't freaking out, he was just dead to everything. He couldn't remember anything for the most part. The two of them, along with Thomas, brought him here, worried Roman's account about cheating wasn't accurate." Virgil just sat there taking it all in as Emile spoke softly and with force so that he got everything out. "When I got here all I could see was a very broken man. He was so sure he cheated on you. Even having gotten his memories back he refused to see what had happened... Virgil, Erik drugged him and forced himself on him... taking those pictures and video while Roman was not able to stop him."

"Roman was..."

"Roman was rapped, yes." Virgil didn't seem to have a reaction at all, only standing up and glancing at his phone before stuffing it in his pocket and starting for Roman's door. "Virgil, he's not..."

"He's drugged up, I know. I still need to see him."