27

(TW~Abuse, implications of rape, mentions of murderous thoughts)

It had been a while since Marcos had returned and he was already at his witts end. Virgil was beyond done with all of this. That singular month with Roman had made him crave that attention. Colt was right. He needed his prince. He loved his prince. And being stuck here with this... cretin was making him so tightly wound up he was about to snap. He knew if he didn't get out of this house and soon... one of them was definitely going to end up dead and at this point... he was starting to not care anymore about his promise to not risk his life. He gripped the knife tightly as the thought of driving it into Marcos's throat plastered against his mind. Images of what that man did last night played on repeat until Virgil had to stop himself from using that very knife to cut the man dick off and feed it to him. He was done. He couldn't take it anymore. He just couldn't stand to...

The knife stabbed into the cutting board the second arms wrapped around his midsecond. He didn't look back. He didn't do a thing as Marcos kissed his neck directly over the marks in his skin from where he choked him the night prior.

"Oh, relax there, Virgil. One might think you're about to commit murder." Marcos teased as he forced Virgil to look at him. "You know you can't ever leave me unless death do us part. Specifically your death... but then who would care for Colt?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as as he clenched his fists.

"Oh, like you actually care." Marcos's eyes hardened as Virgil for the first time actually spoke back. "You only forced that whole adoption shit so you'd have even more to hold over my head. You just wanted to make sure I could try to leave you." 

"Virgil, dear... watch your tongue." Marcos's gaze turned vile as Virgil just squared his shoulders. As mentioned prior, Virgil was starting not to care anymore. He was done with it all. "Before it get's cut out."

"Cut it out and you'll have less of me to abuse." Marcus flared as he back handed Virgil right into the counter who fell to the ground without a single cry of pain. He was just far to used to it at this point. "There you go again, proving my point."

"Virgil!" Virgil smirked from where he was on the ground blood dripping from the cuts that had repopened. Marcos was seething as he pulled the knife out of the cutting board gripping it till his knuckles turned white. "I'm going to be late tonight. Have the kid in bed before I get back. And hun..." Marcos chucked the knife into the sink as Virgil finally met his gaze with this pure rage. "Next time you grow a spine... Remember I'll more then willing CUT it right back out." Virgil quickly threw his arms up curling in to protect himself as marcos literally kicked him into the wall. "Remember your place. You're worthless and the ONLY reason you've actually survived this long. Don't forget who it was that saved your pathetic ass from that... Nympho." Marcos furiously grabbed his things as Virgil slowly but surely picked himself up. Marcos took one good look at Virgil trembling hands and laughed thinking him scared. "That's what I thought. You and your ridiculous anxiety. Did you actually think you could stand up to me, Virgil. You really are mental."

"Goodbye, Marcus. Hope you have fun." Virgil said coldly as Marcos just rolled his eyes and left for the day. Virgil smirked as he his trembling only got worse. "You should be glad I have enough self control to hold myself back." Virgil swiftly bounded up the steps pushing open Colts door to find him already up and sitting on his bed cuddling his teddy bear. "Get ready, Sugarpea. We're going to see a friend of Daddy's."

"Roman?" Virgil laughed as he shook his head noticing how Colt seemed to sadden.

"No, not Roman but trust me, sweety, you'll like him." Colt nodded as he started for his closet. Letting Virgil go to his own room with a determined look. The first thing he did was go to the bed and roll his eyes at the ropes still tied to it. He pushed himself under and pulled up a board letting him pull out this duffle bag. He dragged it out to the dresser, taking out a camera and taking a picture of the bed before going to bathroom and cringing at all the bruising and marks. God he almost forgot how faded they had gotten during the month Marcus was gone. He sighed and took a picture of himself checking the time stamps on them to make sure they were correct before stuffing it back into the duffle. 

"Daddy, w-where Father? I-Is he gone?" 

"Yeah, he is, Sugarpea. He won't be back till late." Colt cringed as he hugged his bear tighter. 

"So... I'll need my headphones again?" Virgil paled before forcing a nod knowing if he lied Colt would still know. That boy was smarter than Marcos would ever see. That useless shit didn't care at all about him in the slightest. "Daddy, where are we going?" Colt asked as Virgil buckled him up before getting in himself. "If were not going to see the prince..."

"Do you remember in your storries... the prince had a twin brother?" Colt nodded as Virgil smiled back at him from the rearview turning on the car as he did. "And he's married to this super scientest?"

"Yea! The Duke!" Virgil's smile softened more as he nodded as started down the street. "Why did you ask me about the Duke, Daddy?"

"We're going to see Roman's brother, Remus." Colt's eyes lit up as he squeezed his bear tightly. "He's going to help your daddy with something, while his husband Logan helps you with your schooling ok, Sugarpea?"

"We're going to see the Duke?" Virgil nodded again as his son beamed and giddily stared out of the window. 

"Yea, bud. Where going to go see the Duke."