29

(TW~ Abuse) (Ps Colt is like 10-11, I thought I should make that clear lolz)

"Where the HELL are you going?" Marcos roared as Virgil ushered Colt up to his room to pack a back for the day. "VIRGIL!"

"To see my mother!" Virgil yelled back making Marcos's eyes flash with anger. As of late Virgil hasn't once stepped down to him making the other all the more aggressive. "I've been planning a visit with her for a while now considering she didn't even know Colt exists let alone actually meet her grandson."

"Virgil, you know the rules." Virgil rolled his eyes as he went to walk passed him only to for Marcos to whip him back into the counter. "You are not allowed to see your mother. You know this."

"I'm letting my Mom meet Colt and that's final. Now let me go!" Marcos's grip only tightened as he gritted his teeth.

"I don't know where this diffiance came from but I am starting to lose my patience with you." Virgil eyes narrowed as he heard the quick pattering of feet running down the stairs. Colt froze at the sight before him, fear etched on his face as he gripped his teddy bear so tight. 

"Colt, go to the car. Daddy'll be fine." Marcos growled as he shoved Virgil inot the counter harder.

"Go back upstairs Colt." Virgil went to hit the guy only for his wrist to get caught and squeezed so tightly tears pricked at the youngers eyes. "COLT LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER!" Colt flinched as Marcos finally looked back at him and noticed the bear. "Where the FUCK did you..."

"COLT GO!" Virgil yelled out as he actually managed to hit Marcos square in the face drawing his attention back to him. "Car now! Lock the door." Colt nodded as he ran off before Marcos could even try to stop him. Marcos could only growl as he turned he glared through his hair. Virgil couldn't help but smirk. "When it comes to that boy... he KNOWS who his real parents are. You won't get a thing out of him..." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Marcos stepped back clenching his fists clearly ready to strike. "...and your DONE getting shit from me."

Virgil coughed quietly as he knocked on the window making Colt jump and freeze up at the sight of Virgil so broken and bloody. He didn't want to scare the kid but the moment he could leave he took it. 

"Can you unlock my door, Sugarpea?" Colt quickly scrambled to hit the lock letting Virgil collapse into the car with a tired groan. 

"D-Daddy?" Colt was crying as Virgil carefully pulled his arm around him from behind him. 

"I'm sorry, Sugarpea. You should never have had to go through any of this." Virgil pressed a soft kiss to his sons hand to try and reasure him but he knew it wouldn't be that easy. "Come on. Buckle up. I'll take you to get some ice cream before meeting up with Grandma."

"I want Roman." Virgil frowned as he looked into the rearview. Colt was sniffling as he hugged his bear so tight it broke Virgil's heart. "I want Roman, Daddy."

"Hun, I know what your trying to do." Colt tensed as he looked away to avoid his dads knowing gaze. "I'm trying really hard to not get him involved."

"BUT HE NEEDS TO HELP YOU!" Colt yelled out making Virgil crash as his hands fumbled with the keys. "I just want you to be safe. He's hurting you. Roman can keep you safe. He can help fight him. He's the prince."

"Colt, please." Virgil whined slightly as he leaned against the steering wheel. "I don't want Roman involved. He's had a hard life as it is. He's been where you are. I just... I don't want to make things harder for him."

"Was his father a shadow prince too?" Virgil flinched slightly at the broken tone Colt had before nodding. Colt's eyes darkened as he leaned back against his seat and smiled sadly. "Oh." Colt's eyes narrowed as he glared his dad down. "Then he would know how to help... wouldn't he?"

"Jesus Colt." Virgil laughed as his son persistance. "You won't let this drop will you."

"Daddy, He's hurting you. You said the prince can and will fight the shadow prince."

"Of course he would..."

"THEN LET HIM TRY!" Colt yelled again with tears falling hard. "Let him try, Daddy. I told you... I want him to be my dad not the shadow prince. Let him help you... please?" Virgil hesitated a bit as he glanced down at his phone with a small frown. "Please, Daddy?"

"How about a compromise instead?" Colt deflated as Virgil grabbed his phone with a small smile. "Why don't we text grandma to meet us at Roman's and we ALL hang out for the day? Would that help to cheer you up for just a bit?"

"I want you to leave that shadow prince." Virgil's eyes fell hard as Colt grumbled under his breathe. "I may be a child, Daddy, but I'm not stupid. I know what's happening and he going to stop. Is he?"

"Colt... I am leaving him." Colt's eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil sighed. "I was going to explain it to you later when everything was rolling... You're Uncles are helping me get us both out of here ok? So please? Will a visit with Roman be enough for now?" Colt smiled as he nodded letting Virgil sigh in relief as he texted his mother the new plans and Roman's address. "Alright. First ice cream and then Romans."

"YAY!" Colt giggled as Virgil smiled back at him. He glanced at his own reflection and just cringed. Yea, he was definately going to have to stop before seeing anyone else. He needed to wash all the blood off and put some make up on. Thank god he had that bag in the back. If Roman saw him like this... Forget Remus, Roman would literally drive a sword through the guys heart. "Daddy, I want cotton candy! Can I, please?"

"Cotton Candy? I thought you didn't want to try that?" Colt shrugged before giggling slightly. "What?"

"Papa... Uh..." Virgil's eyes went wide as Colt took a deep breathe before smiling shyly. "Papa said it was like a carnival in your mouth. He said it was one of his favorites so... I wanna try."

"Papa, huh?" Colt nodded firmly as Virgil whiped a tear from his eye with a laugh. "God, you are going to kill me with that." Virgil sighed as he nodded. "Sure. Let's get you some cotton candy... and them we can go see Grandma and... and your Papa."