14

"Virgil?" Virgil felt his entire body just freeze up as he stared himself down in the mirror. He couldn't believe that... That he was actually here right now. Tears fell from his eyes as he thanked the fact that he wasn't wearing makeup. Marcos had refused it. Said it was their wedding... Virgil couldn't be the emo shit he was normally, they had to be... perfect. His tux even felt so... stuffy. It just wasn't him at all. Virgil couldn't help but imagine his and Roman's wedding... the one they were still planning when things went down. Roman wouldn't have forced him to wear something like this. In fact... Virgil had this nice semi-casual suit picked out for it and everything. It was perfect... now... now he'd never get to wear it. "Virg... Oh, hun." The worst was his mother. Virgil flinched the second his mom touched his shoulders making her jump back a bit in concern. "Virgil?"

"Uh...I'm Uh... I'm sorry." Virgil tried to smile to hide his reaction as his mom frowned more. "I just... I didn't realize you were there." It totally wasn't because he couldn't take the contact. The slightest touch made him reel thanks to his fian... thanks to his groom. 

Marcos was his groom. It was their wedding day. Virgil prayed for lightning to strike the fuck out of his 'groom' and leave him a pile of molten ash but that didn't seem to be the case. the universe did not favor him at all. After all... It gave him heaven only to push him right back into hell.

"You look so handsome." His mother cooed as Virgil cowered slightly under her soft gaze. It had been years since he'd actually seen her. Years since they've spoken. SHe never came to visit him when he was in the hospital. She never called... yet here she was all motherly and kind as if she actually gave a shit. "You must be so happy. I'm so proud of you, Virgil. You and Marcos finally coming together after all that happened." Virgil wanted to vomit. "I heard what happened. How you were involved with that... unfavirable..."

"Don't." Virgil growled catching his mom off guard. Her eyes widened a bit seeing Virgil's tears fall harder. "I don't care what you say about me. I don't care what you think about me. I don't even care if you even see me as a son... But don't you EVER talk shit about Roman." His mothers hands dropped as Virgil wipped his tears away. He didn't have to worry about any visible bruises. Marcos was smart not to to do any that could be seen. Not when they had a wedding to be at with all their friends and family. "Don't talk about him like that. He was kind. He was sweet."

"I heard he cheate-..." 

"He did no such thing." His mother sighed as she shook her hand and took Virgil's hands.

"It's been a year, hun. From what I heard it hit you hard. Marcos told me everything. I can understand if you can't accept..."

"Roman loved me, Mother. Marcos does no-..." Virgil clammed up as his expression went numb. "If you'll excuse me... I have a wedding to get ready for."

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Remus lulled softly as his brother just stood there staring blankly out into space. "I can understand if you don't trust me. I just want to be sure you're ok with being alone. We can take you over to Janus's. He's not going either. Something about not wanting to support a mista... Nevermind it's not important. Roman?"

"I'll be fine, Remus." Roman's eyes were highly dazed out as his one hand gripped his wrist tightly, yet he smiled as if nothing was wrong. Remus really didn't want to leave him at all. He didn't know how bad Roman had it but he could see something was wrong. "Please. Go enjoy yourselves. Tell Virgil I send my wishes for a happy a long future."

"Roman..."

"Remus, I'll be fine." Roman's smile widened as his tightening grip went unnoticed. "I'm going to be ok. Please, go. Have fun. Don't worry about me."

"Only if your certain?"

"I am." Remus sighed as he nodded letting Logan pass him his jacket. Roman watched as his brother put it on never once dropping his smile. "Take your time. Tell Virgil, I wish him well, please?"

"I will." Remus frowned as he shook himself out of his thoughts. "I'll have Emile stop by ok? Just to check on you?"

"You don't have to..."

"Roman, I'm not leaving you alone with this all night." Roman faltered his smile become increasingly obvious to how fake it is. "I'll sent Emile a text to stop in after work. You think you can keep yourself busy until then?"

"I'm sure, Ray. I told you..." Roman's eyes flashed as his expression softened. "I'll be fine." 

"I guess, I'll see you later than." Remus beamed as he ran over pulling his brother into a hug, who for the first time didn't react to the contact. "I love you, Roman. We wont be long."

"Don't rush yourself, Remus. Seriously..." Roman pulled away before flicking his brother a bit with a choked laugh. "Have fun. Stay for the reception, I don't care. It'll be practice for when you two finally get off your asses and get married." Remus tensed suddenly as Logan frowned, watching Roman's 'smile' widen. "Seriously, one of you NEEDS to propose already."

"Well, when we do you're gonna be my best man right?" Roman's smile twitched as his arms dropped to his side. He didn't answer. Remus just laughed as he let Logan pull him away. "We'll talk about this later, Ro. You have us on speed dial so don't hesitate to call or text if you need us."

"Will do." Roman choked out as the two finally left, and his smile just dropped. He stood there with this dead expression as he sighed as raked his fingers through his hair. "Best man huh... Sorry bro. I think you're going to need to find someone new. At least I wasn't lying." Roman turned away from the door and started for his room, the energy of the place settling in like a smog in a cemetery. "I really will be ok... after tonight... I'm finally going to have some peace."