31

Virgil watched as his mother took Colt away, who was practically racing to show her the ducks, as he and Roman stood there laughing. Virgil crossed his arms with a soft smile as Roman just stared at his love. Virgil could tell Roman was concerned. His love was doing everything in his power to help him in some way. It was clear Roman had started to notice every wince Virgil had involuntarily made. 

"Come on, Starlight." Virgil's eyes lit up at the new nickname making Roman's heart literally melt. "Let's go sit down. I have a blanket we can use."

"Cuddles with my love?" Roman hummed as virgil leaned into him. "Cloud gazing... Oh I just don't know." 

"Please, Virgil?" Virgil sighed as he decided not to tease the other. It was obvious he just wanted to get him off his feet.

"I'm ok, Ro."

"You're in pain." Virgil nodded as he let Roman lead him over to this shady tree. Roman laid the blanket he had from his back he had brought out with him and Leena onto the ground as Virgil just took the sights in. 

"It's so beautiful here." Virgil lulled as Roman paused and looked back at him with a sightly worries look. "I don't get to get out much so... It's just really nice, you know? I hope after everything get's done and finished... maybe I can see more?"

"Virgil, I'd take you anywhere you want to go." Virgil hummed as Roman gently tugged the other closer, letting the younger melt into him as he sighed softly.

"I know you will, Princey. Right though... I just want to be here. Ok?" Roman nodded as swayed slightly on his feet making Virgil laugh softly at the start of a very small and intiment dance. They didn't do much. They just gently swayed back and forth but that was all they needed. "I love you, Roman."

"I love you too, Starlight." Roman held him tighter as he leaned his head against the youngers hair. "Please, talk to me."

"Roman..."

"I'm not blind, Mi Amor." Virgil frowned as he looked up to see the pain and concern clear as day in his loves eyes. "I know you're in pain. I hear what you say. You and Colt... I can see your fear. I can see how much makeup your using. I'm not blind, Love. Please talk to me."

"Roman, I'm..." Virgil laughed as the two came crashing down suddenly, making Roman grunt as he took the brunt of the impact. Virgil sighed as he laid his head against Roman chest having landed ontop of his love. "I'm ok, Roman." Roman snaked his hands around Virgil closely not for one second missing how the younger flinched and repositioned himself. "I love you, Ro. I'll be ok."

"Virgil..."

"I'm not staying there, Roman." Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil snuggled closer. "I'm leaving him. I don't love him. I never have. I... Remus and Logan are helping with the divorce and everything so... You don't have to worry about breaking up the family."

"Virgil." Virgil jumped making Roman all the more concerned as he slowly sat up and helped the younger into his lap better so he could look into his blue eyes. "I am NOT concerned about breaking up your family. Not with everything that I've been hearing and noticing." Roman smiled softly but Virgil could still see the pain in fear in his love. "I'm concered that... that I've been to late in being here for you. I'm worried I..." Roman stopped dead in his tracks his hand laced through Virgil's hair as his eyes caught sight of darkened mess right at the hairline. Roman's eyes narrowed as he moved his fingers chosing to smooth back his hair as his heart literally raced with fear. Virgil gently placed his hand on Roman's whos eyes darted to Virgil's with tears threatening to spill. Virgil just smiled knowingly as he let out a soft breath. "V-Virg..."

"Did I forget a spot?" The tears finally spilled and spilled hard as Virgil sighed moving Roman's hand from his hair as his fell over his eyes. "I always forget a spot." Roman rumaged though his bag pulling out a water bottle and tissues as Virgil just laughed. "You're not supposed to-..."

"I don't care." Roman growled as he dampened the tissue and gently worked to remove the make up around where he saw the spot. His eyes only hardened as he uncovered more and more as much as he could since he wasn't really removeing much of the make up. As the tissue gently dabbed just under Virgil's eye Virgil grabbed his hand again to stop him. Roman didn't say a thing. He just sat there frozen. "How much?" Virgil smiled as he deflated and let Roman try to wipe away the rest of it. "Virgil, how much?"

"It was bad today." Roman tensed as Virgil's voice came out a whisper. "I'd imagine probably most of my face, I still had bruises from the last time too." Virgil gestured to his shoulder before just rolling his eyes and slipping his hoodie off making Roman freeze again at the sight of all the black and blue down Virgil's left arm. "Plus my gut, I bet... he likes to kick me if I fall."

"V-Virg... Virgil..." Virgil shook his head as he looked up at the sky and for the first time actually started to tear up. 

"Three fucking years, Roman. The god damned years..." Roman's eyes filled with horror as his hand just dropped. "I've been stuck with that fucker for three years. I hate him so much. So fucking much. Everything he's done to me... It's completely shit."

"Virgil..."

"I never wanted to marry him, Roman." Virgil shivered as he hugged himself and laughed. "I didn't have a choice. I loved you. I wanted you. How in the hell was I supposed to fight him? I made a stupid mistake and he had me wrapped around his finger AGAIN!" Roman grabbed Virgil's wrist, this look of pure and complete rage burning in his eyes.

"Again?" Virgil flinched as he nodded making Roman's anger burn all the more. "Virgil, who is it?"

"Roman, it's not important."

"Virgil, who is it?"

"I'm leaving him. So why does it..."

"Damn it, Virgil. I need to know!" Virgil jumped as Roman choked a bit. "Please. Who the fuck is it?"

"Marcos." Roman dropped instantly his hand holding him up as he just broke. Virgil let out a shakey breath as he shook his head. "I'm married to Marcos, Roman."