20

"Now, Colt..." Virgil lulled softly as he dabbed the foundation and powder on his face to hide the bruising. "I need you to be at your best behavior ok." The kid just watched as Virgil hid any and all evidence of what Marcus had done. "And you can't tell your father. I know it's a lot to ask but... your father can't know we've gone to see a friend ok?"

"Ok, daddy." Virgil smiled as he brushed the black under his eyes hiding the bruising even more under his familiar emo persona. 

"Come on, sugarpea." Virgil led the boy into the large building, his eyes darting about the place, feeling his anxiety burn through him. Colt had his small pillow that he clutched to his chest. At this point, Virgil had just accepted it as something the boy uses to help him since Marcos refused to let him have toys. No toys. No books... Virgil's had to write all his stories for him. He walked up to this desk and frowned as he pushed his son further behind him. "Uh... H-Hel-lo?"

"Hello there." This bright bubbly girl beamed as she rolled over to greet him. "My name is Ashley. How may I help you today?" 

"I'm actually here to visit a friend?" She nodded as he tapped away at her keyboard only serving to make Virgil's nerves burn brighter. 

"And do they know you're coming?"

"No, Miss. I came to surprise him. His brother knows though. If you need some sort of confirmation of identity." She just laughed as she shook her head. 

"Oh, that's ok. It just depends on which department you're friend is in. May I have a name?"

"Mine or..." Virgil tensed a bit as he fumbled for his wallet, passing over his id. "Virgil Graham and my son Colt. We're here to see Roman Sanders." The Girl nodded as she typed away, her smile getting wider as she quickly scrampled for a visitors pass. 

"Here you go. Do you need directions or..." Virgil shook his head as he held his son's hands tightly. "Well ok then. I hope you enjoy your visit."

"Daddy?" Colt whispered as they started down the hall. He anxiously looked around squeezing his pillow tightly as he shifted closer to Virgil. "What is this place?"

"It's a place for people who need it to get help." Colt's eyes widened as Virgil just smiled. "Everyone here fights with there one villains. Some with their own shadow princes... they come here when they know they can't do it alone to get help with fighting them."

"Do they ever leave?" Virgil nodded as he turned down another hall.

"Some do. Some like Roman chose to stay because they might need the constant support. Sometime the villains like to come back. These bad guys are very hard to fight after all... Some just need that extra fire power to keep them away."

"What about... What... W-What about if the bad guy is... is someone like, Father?" Virgil stopped short making Colt tense seeing the tears in his dads eyes. "D-Daddy?"

"There's people to help with that to, Sugarpea. No matter the bad guy... no matter the villain... Real, fake, or personal... there will always be someone who can help you. Ok? Just like I will help you... There's always going to be someone who will fight in your corner. Sometimes... you just have seak them out. And that's a battle on it's own. Everyone here is incredibly strong and brave. They're all powerful knights." Colt's eyes lit up in awe as Virgil finally led the two of them to this door and just sighed. 

"D-Daddy?" 

"Hmm..." Colt squeezed his hand before pulling his away to cuddle his pillow. 

"You're a knight too." Virgil melted as his son smiled at him reassuringly. 

"Thank you, Sugarpea." Virgil smiled as he moved to knock on the door. 

Roman was sitting there at his desk seeming to scratch the pencil about his paper. He had no real image in his mind but at the moment he really didn't care. He was just keeping himself busy. He hasn't been able to handle being idle for a while but he wasn't in the mood to do anything today. He had already told the staff he was calling a personal day to just relax and be. Of course that didn't stop the knock that sounded at his door. Roman frowned as he hesitated in his drawing for a second before just shaking his head. 

"I already said I wasn't doing anything today." He called out as he tried to focus back on the picture. They only knocked again making Roman growl a bit. "I really don't want to talk to anyone. Can you maybe... come back later." He figured it was doctor or another staff member come to check on him. He heard the door open and he just groaned internally leaning his head against his hands not really wanting to deal with it.

"I would but..." Roman froze up, eyes wide in shock, his mind refusing to actually believe he was hearing correctly. He slowly turned around to see Virgil standing there with a small smile, a little boy huddled close behind him. "But I drove an hour and half to get here, Princey. Call me stuburn and selfish but... Can't I at least get a hello?"

"Virgil?" Virgil's smile brightened as Roman slowly pushed himself out of his chair, still clearly in shock. "How... What.. Wait. I thought you didn't know where I was."

"I didn't." Virgil shrugged as stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Remus told me." 

"Of course." Roman laughed as he shook his head with a soft expression. Roman's eyes narrowed as he glanced down seeing the boy shift more behind his dad before giving Virgil a questioning look. 

"Roman... This is my son, Colt." Virgil stepped away making the boy jump and hug his pillow tighter. "Colt, this is my friend Roman."

"Son?" Virgil nodded as Roman's eyes darkened. "Jeez... I guess it's been awhile. I didn't know you had a son. Leena never mentioned him."

"Well, my mother hasn't me... Hasn't um... Well, i just haven't found the time for a family get together. My husbands always working I'm afraid." Virgil tensed up as Roman frowned seeing how Virgil anxious shook. "I just wanted to see you, I guess. I hope that's ok."

"It's fine, Virgil." Colt tugged on Virgil's hoodie making him frown as he looked down to see the anxiety in his son. 

"D-Daddy?" Colt's eyes darted from Roman, who was just watching with a look of soft concern, and Virgil. "Who... Who is..." Roman's eyes widened as he walked over and put himself on his knees to met Colt's eyes. It was clear the poor boy was frightened. Roman just smiled as he held his hand out making Colt tense up as he just stared at it. Roman didn't mind.

"My name is Roman Sanders... Although to be honest..." Roman glanced up at Virgil with a small smile. "I've been going by Prince again. Thought of maybe changing it back... Roman Prince."

"Prince?" Colt's eyes shined as Roman chuckled a bit.

"Yep, Roman Prince... It's very nice to meet you, young royal."

"D-Daddy... Dad... Is he... I-Is he really..." Roman's eyes narrowed as his hand fell a bit in confusion. "Is he really the prince? THE prince?"

"I told you we were going to see him." Roman frowned as he looked up to see Virgil's teary gaze. Something was wrong... Roman didn't need to be told anything. He just knew. He knew Virgil better than he knew himself. There's no way Virgil would be that close to tears over nothing like that if everything was ok.

"Virgil?" Virgil groaned as he wiped his eyes careful not to smuge his make up. He didn't want Roman to see the bruises.

"I'm just glad to be seeing you again, Princey. I've missed you moron." Roman sighed as he stood up and smiled with a nod.

"I've missed you to, Stormfly."