26

"Good morning, Little knight." Roman lulled softly as he Colt carefully sat himself at the table with a tired yawn. "Did you sleep ok, Kiddo?" Colt nodded before looking up and frowning at Roman who he realized was at the oven cooking. "What?"

"Why are you cooking?" Colt whispered quietly as Roman gave him a confused look. "Where's Daddy?"

"He's still in the bathroom getting ready. He should be out soon though. I think he was just getting washed up." Roman hummed as Colt sat there watching him cook. 

"But... But why are you cooking?" Roman's eyes narrowed a bit as he hesitated hearing the anxiety in the youngers voice. "D-Daddy always cooks."

"Well, I figured I would. I know your Daddy is really good but..." Colt just shook his head and frowned making Roman stop short with a worried look.

"Daddy ALWAYS cooks. Father says it's Daddy's job to." Roman set his turner down turning the heat on low as he leaned against the counter with a near silent huff. "Daddy doesn't say anything either. He just does it."

"Colt... Your Father... No. No don't ask the kid." Roman shook his head as he sighed and raked his hand through his hair. "Forget it, Kiddo. I'm just a bit... scared." Colt's eyes went wide as Roman started to plate some of the food. 

"Is the meanie back?" Roman laughed as he turned to see the worry in the youngests eyes. "Did they try to hurt you again?"

"Yeah... I guess they did." Colt whined as Roman placed the plate in front of him before messing up the youngers hair. "but don't worry, Your daddy helped to fight them away. I'm ok now. I just worry about him. We're friends after all."

"Friends?" Roman nodded as Colt stared at his plate in thought. "But you like him... right?"

"Well, of course I like him. We wouldn't be friends if I didn't." Colt's eyes darkened as Roman started to plate the rest of the food. "I care about you daddy very deeply."

"Roman... Please be honest..." Colt clenched his fists tightly as he just stared down lost in thought. "Do you love my daddy?" Roman fumbled nearly knocking everything over as he choked a bit.

"Uh... Yea. Yea, I do. I love him a lot." Roman frowned as he shook his head and finished with Virgil's plate. "But don't worry, Kiddo, I'm not going to take your daddy away from your Father."

"No, but you have to!" Roman froze like ice as Colt started to cry. "You have to. Daddy needs his prince. You have to protect him. You said you would..."

"Colton Graham!" Colt flinched as Virgil's voice rang through the room. "I told you no."

"I... I'm sorry, Daddy. I just... I don't like it when your sad." Virgil smiled sadly as he walked over and wrapped his arms around his son from behind. "I don't like it when you scared.... or when you..."

"I'm ok, Colt. As I've told everyone else... Let me handle the shadow prince ok?" Roman practically dropped the plate onto the table before storming off making Virgil jump in shock. "Ro?" The front door slammed shut making Virgil's anxiety sky rocket a bit. 

"Daddy?" Virgil stumbled over to the chair as he teared up and shook ."D-Dad? Do... Do you need Ro? Should I go..."

"No. No don't... Don't." Virgil choked as he tried to force a smile. "I'm ok. I'm... I'm ok. Besides... He left because he needed to. Don't worry. Just eat your... wait?" Virgil frowned as he spotted the food. "Did Roman cook?"

"Yeah. He didn't tell me why though. I told him you always do it but he seemed to get upset over it." Virgil smiled softly as he nodded and tried to relax. "Daddy are you're ok?"

"I'm fi..." Virgil tensed as he shot a look towards the door, for some reason expecting Marcos to come in yelling as he quickly just shook his head.

"Daddy, you need Roman."

"No. No, don't... Don't worry him. He needs time. I'll... I'll be fine." Colt's eyes narrowed as he just watched his dad take deep breaths. "I'm ok."

"That's not what I meant. You need Roman. You need the prince to save you."

"Hey. I thought I was a strong and brave knight." Virgil teased as Colt's gaze only harden more. It was strange to see just a look on such a younge boy and he didn't like it all.

"If Prince's can need help, than so can knights. Daddy, you need him and you need help. Father... He's only going to hurt you again. Roman doesn't hurt you." Virgil tensed as he looked up to see Colt tearing up. "The prince doesn't hurt you or make you cry. He makes you laugh and smile and... He makes you happy. Right?"

"Well, yeah. Of course he does." Virgil paused for a second thinking he heard the door again but there was indication anyone had come in. "Roman makes me very happy. He's my prince."

"Daddy... Roman's kind. He cares about us. About both of us... me too." Virgil nodded as Colt started to smile despite the obvious tears in his eyes. "I just... I don't want to go back."

"I know, Sugarpea. I know it's hard. It's not forever. I promise. I just have to work things out first." Virgil groaned in annoyance as he looked off at nothing. "You are right about something. I do need some help. I'll get it. Don't you worry, sweety. Daddy's gonna take care of everything."

"Daddy?" Colt shifted anxiously as Virgil gave him a confused look. "Dad..." Colt took a deep breath as he met his gaze with his own teary but serious one. "I want Roman to be my other daddy." Virgil literally crashed the second those words came out of his sons lips. "I want the prince to be my daddy... to be the one that makes you happy and is with us. He makes me happy to."

"V-Virgil." Virgil jumped suddenly spotting Roman in the doorway with his own eyes watering and he crashed all the more. "C-Can we... Can we talk? Please?"

"Of cour..." Virgil's phone went off makign him instantly jump to get it. The sort of sudden action that Colt was highly used to, But Roman frowned in concern noticing how Virgil reacted. That wasn't just a normal 'oh, it's my phone' type reaction. No. It was as if Virgil was terified if he didn't get it. Virgil fumbled slightly as he looked down typing away instantly knowing if he didn't respond Marcos would snap. "I'm sorry, Roman. We have to go. I still have an entire house to clean before he gets back."

"But Virg-..." Virgil jumped up pressing a soft kiss to Roman cheek as he smiled. "Virgil... If you're in any trouble..."

"I have to go, Princey."