25

(TW~PSTD Panic Attack)

Falling asleep wrapped up in Virgil's arms was the best thing Roman could have ever thought to happen to him. It was a dream come true being there with the love of his life... Unfortunately, falling asleep in Virgil's arms and waking up to someone holding him had different effects on his mind.

When Roman's tired brain decided to turn on and boot up like some old ragged computer, he was not expecting the feeling of arms wrapped around his midriff. He tensed up, his brain rapid-firing anxious thoughts and memories through his mind as he tried to remember where on earth he even was. He shook as he forced himself out of their grasp unable to even open his eyes as he sat up and just tried to breathe. 

He couldn't help it. The sudden feeling of waking up being held was like a spark to the back of the mind. His PTSD pulled him under before he could even think to catch his breath. Tears fell from his eyes as he choked silently, curled up into his knees. He gripped his ginger hair tightly as he sobbed trying really hard not to wake the other person. He didn't want to know what happened or why they were there. He was scared. So very scared... He just... He needed help.

He needed his Stormfly.

"Ro?" Roman gasped as he curled up more not recognizing the voice at all as he shuddered. He felt the bed move as the other no doubt sat up. Maybe if he's quiet and doesn't even breathe, the man won't see him. It's not like it mattered much as he couldn't breathe to begin with. "Roman... Ro." Virgil's eyes softened at the sight before him. He's had plenty of panic attacks to know when another is having one. He sighed as he moved himself till he was sitting criss cross and frowned noticing how the other was holding his breath. "Roman, please breathe?" Roman didn't move. He didn't move or say a thing. Virgil was thankful Colt was still asleep as he knew Roman would not have wanted the little boy to see the prince like this. "Roman, it's ok." Virgil reached out only to pause. He knew from experince it's not a good thing just to touch someone in this state. Especially not him so he shouldn't just touch Roman. "Ro, hun... Can I touch you?"

"No. Go away!" Roman slapped his hand over his mouth fear taring through him the second he spoke out. Well there goes the maybe he won't see him thing. He was full on crying as Virgil teared up himself. He hated seeing his love like that. 

"Is there anything I CAN do for you?" Roman shook his head as he refused to open his eyes. "Come on, Ro. There's got to be something that'll help you."

"S-Sto... S-stor-r...m..." Virgil's eyes softened again at the realization. Roman didn't know where he was or who he was with. "I-I need my... m-my S-st-torm-my."

"Hun? Can you open your eyes please?" Roman furiously shook his head as Virgil moved a tad closer, though not enough to touch him. "Princey, I need you to open your eyes." Roman froze as his mind latched completely onto the nickname. "Please? For me, Love? I want to see those pretty eyes." Roman frowned as he slowly turned to the other. He opened his eyes a small bit before finally meeting Virgil's gaze and just crashing comepletely. "Thank you so much, Princey. I love those pretty green eyes."

"S... S-S..." Roman choked as he hesitantly reached out, fumbling about as if he had expecting Virgil to be some sort of holucination. "Storm-mfl-ly?" Virgil smiled softly as he met with Roman's hands, who instantly latched onto him and threw himself into the others arms sobbing. "Stormfly!"

"It's ok, Ro. It's ok." Virgil nuzzeled into him as he trailed his fingers through the others soft hair, smoothing and soothing the parts where he hand pulled at it. "It's ok, Love." Roman cried as he gripped Virgil's shirt tightly. "I've got you."

"I-I'm sorry." Virgil sighed softly as Roman's voice came out shakey. "I didn't... I just... I-I forget you w-were here and... I w-wo... w-woke up w-with you h-holding me... I-I forgot..."

"It's ok, Roman. I understand. I'm not mad." Virgil chuckled softly as if to lighten the mood only to frown as Roman shook his head. "I'm the last person who would ever judge you for have

"Th-that's not what I... w-what I m-meant. I just... I didn't know. I forgot. I-I forgot." Roman mumbled softly as he tried to listen to Virgil's elevated heartrate. "I didn't know i-it was you. I swear. Please... P-Please don't think... D-Don't think I'm scared of you. I-I'm not. Stormy, I promise I'm not. I just forgot."

"Roman, I know." Roman tensed as Virgil just hugged him tighter before letting go despite Roman refusing to move. Virgil was his safe space. Virgil's always been the one that made him feel happy, loved, and safe no matter what. He didn't... couldn't loss that sense of safety. Not when his mind was still trying to latch on to what was going on. He knew. He had calmed down enough to remember falling asleep with Virgil. He remember them having a sleepover and Virgil asking him to stay with him. He remembered... but his mind was still having a hard time feeling safe with it all. "I understand, My love. I promise, I do."

"I'm sorry." Roman whispered as he calmed down enough to stop shaking. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"You didn't, trust me. I'm always up at this time. I'm just glad I was... so that I could help you." Roman smiled sadly as he pushed away and rubbed his eyes. He laughed at himself as he shook his head and leaned back against the headboard.

"I seriously need to work on that." Virgil's eyes darkened as Roman's eyes dulled a bit. "Thank you, Virgil."

"It's no problem at all, Love." Roman frowned as he shot Virgil this look. "What?"

"Virgil, I told you... I'm not getting inbetween you and your husband. I can't... I... I love you. I love you to much to do that to you. I won't." Virgil's eyes darkened as he just slowly got up. Roman watched as he grabbed his bag and started for the door. "Stormfly?"

"Trust me Roman..." Virgil's voice was sharp and numb sounding completely scaring the older who tensed from his spot in the bed. "You aren't getting in the middle of anything good." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he his hand went to where he knew his bruise was, back to Roman but still thankful it was to dark to see where the make up had rubbed of enough to show enough of it. 

"Virgil? What do you mean?" Virgil's arm just dropped as he shook his head. "Virgil." Roman said more forcefully, his anxiety and need to protect his love getting all the more stronger with every sign he was given. "Virgil, is there something going on? With him..."

"It doesn't matter Princey."

"Virgil, if there is something wrong, I need to know." Roman was highly concerned at this point. "I can't just... If you're not happy... I want to help fix it." Virgil frowned as he only shook his head again making Roman fall back in defeat.

"I don't want to talk about it."